• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
eureka!

Q) Explain why energy losses in the transmission cables are lower when the voltage is
high.

Ans) high voltage means) low(er) current (but V is directly prop. to R!)
for given supply power
(low(er) current means) less heat/thermal energy (generated in cables) OR P = I2R (?)
for given resistance (of cables)
cables heated by current

Explain...

Reaction score
eureka!

Q) Explain why energy losses in the transmission cables are lower when the voltage is
high.

Ans) high voltage means) low(er) current (but V is directly prop. to R!)
for given supply power
(low(er) current means) less heat/thermal energy (generated in cables) OR P = I2R (?)
for given resistance (of cables)
cables heated by current

Explain...
Well since voltage is inversely proportional to I, it will mean that a high voltage will cause a low current
Low current flow will cause less resistance in the cables as less heat is generated. Thus less power is lost

Reaction score
For all those cheating or want to cheat, please do not cheat. You are merely destroying the efforts of all the other hard-working people. Even more important is the fact that cheating is Haram, it is mentioned in a Hadith;
'One who cheats is not amongst us'

Reaction score
For all those cheating or want to cheat, please do not cheat. You are merely destroying the efforts of all the other hard-working people. Even more important is the fact that cheating is Haram, it is mentioned in a Hadith;
'One who cheats is not amongst us'
Won't measures be taken against cheating? It's not that easy, is it?