• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For measuring the area of feather B on this squared paper. I simply advice you to ignore the feather for just a while like it doesn't exist and start counting the boxes in total like count ever single box you have then simply as you said earlier count The AREA THAT THE FEATHER COVERS including the STICK then simply just subtract the two values that you've got( Total boxes number - Number of boxes covered (E.g Feather, etc) = area of feather.

That's what I usually do, hope my humble bit of a knowledge helps !
Thanks like the all square covered wid featheror or i should count those square covered with more than half and year is may 2011 paper 61
and can u plzz sole for me and show it cofusing ill be really grateful of u

Reaction score
I'm not home:cry:.
but yes as you said count all the squares covered with the feather<-------- which will basically be THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SQUARE I TOLD YOU ABOUT EARLIER.

Then you do the next step which is to count as you said the squares covered with more than half of the feather

LAST STEP IS TO SUBTRACT THE TWO VALUES YOU'VE GOT FROM EACHH OTHER.

Try it out and tell me what happens okay ??
When is your biology paper 6 anyway..?
and when I get home I'll see what I can do for you..:)

GOOD LUCKK !:X3:

Reaction score
Adaptation: Air spaces
To help it stay afloat, so it can receive sunlight and photosynthesise.
Slide prep. :
Cut a very thin section of the stem. And place it on a slide. Add a drop of iodine solution. Place a cover slip over the slide. And wipe off any excess of the solution with a filter paper. Any areas on the cell which show a blue- black colour when viewed under a microscope contain starch grains.

Hope it is right. ;)

(y)(y)! But wait shouldn't we boil the thin stem section, you know in order to get rid of the cell wall before adding the Iodine solution reagent..?

Reaction score
I'm not home:cry:.
but yes as you said count all the squares covered with the feather<-------- which will basically be THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SQUARE I TOLD YOU ABOUT EARLIER.

Then you do the next step which is to count as you said the squares covered with more than half of the feather

LAST STEP IS TO SUBTRACT THE TWO VALUES YOU'VE GOT FROM EACHH OTHER.

Try it out and tell me what happens okay ??
When is your biology paper 6 anyway..?
and when I get home I'll see what I can do for you..:)

GOOD LUCKK !:X3:
More than half feather or just feather and thanks

Reaction score
but how i didnt get it can u plzz tell me how to label the y axis and x axis in the attachemment the i have posted

Reaction score
but how i didnt get it can u plzz tell me how to label the y axis and x axis in the attachemment the i have posted
Label? That would be according to the question :) but in the mark scheme they mention that the scale takes is to be 2cm=2o.

Reaction score
2cm means 2 boxes on the graph and start like from 20 and go like 20.40,60..........
Hope it helped!....If not let me know!:);)
but i started and i dont know where i 50 and how to count 51 ohh its confusing tommorow i have exam paper 6 physics