• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys regarding a graph in paper 6 physics can i not start the graph both y and x axis from zero ? lets say i have values of 1.1 to 2.1 , can i start the y axis lets say from 1 , and then x-axis has values from 40 to 90 , can i star the x-axis from 40 ?
Yup . U can start both the axis from where ever u want

Reaction score
We know that the general formula for an alcohol is C(^n)H(^2n+1)OH and that the Mr of C and H is 12 and 1 respectively, so:
12n + 2n + 1 + 16 + 1 = 116 (oxygen - 16)
14n + 18 = 116
14n = 98
n = 7
So the molecular formula is, C(^7)H(^15)OH................ :)
U r the best!!!!
One more question...can u please explain to me experiments in physics that nclude change of voltage by sliding contact or whatever

Reaction score
Can someone explain when you draw a best fit and when you draw a curve. At times even though the graph is a curve they expect best fit

Reaction score
Hey !
I have a question/ doubt regarding Biology 0610 Paper 6 , When a question often asks us to elucidate a graph or describe it we have to give an example upon the graph like giving Points and stuff found on the graph and including it for a description!

Shukriya.

Reaction score
Can someone explain when you draw a best fit and when you draw a curve. At times even though the graph is a curve they expect best fit
By the best fit in a curved graph they mean to say that your line should be accurate with all points but no need fora straight line

Reaction score
People does anyone have any graph plotting notes and important highlights that we should focus on for 0610 Biology O-level..?
Like Revision notes, I need them desperately. Thank youu :D:X3:
For the graphs, there is very good info in the learner guide....... Have u checked it out yet?
If not read it from the learner guide for bio
If u don't have the learner guide, I can post it for u....... :)

Reaction score
Can u please help me with bullbs...Does brightness of a bulb increase with resistance
No I don't think so but there are questions which conclude that resistance increases with brightness.......... Wait let me confirm it.........

Reaction score
Hey !
I have a question/ doubt regarding Biology 0610 Paper 6 , When a question often asks us to elucidate a graph or describe it we have to give an example upon the graph like giving Points and stuff found on the graph and including it for a description!

Shukriya.
Yes u just describe the shape of the graph using terms like maximum, peak, increase, decrease or minimum or etc using values in each description
Using values from the graph is very important............

Reaction score
U r the best!!!!
One more question...can u please explain to me experiments in physics that nclude change of voltage by sliding contact or whatever
Voltage is not increased.. resistance changes.. it is basically a sort of variable resistor.... resistance is proprtional to length.. so of the sliding contact is moved such that all of the wire is being used then resistance will be max..
and if none of the wire is used then resistance will be minimum

Reaction score
Guys we have to draw the graph in Bio and chem with Pen or Pencil ?
Secondly how to find surface area

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-06-10-10-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-06-10-10-14.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
For the graphs, there is very good info in the learner guide....... Have u checked it out yet?
If not read it from the learner guide for bio
If u don't have the learner guide, I can post it for u....... :)

Oh my gawwd thankk youuu so muchh !
Yes please, I don't have it xo and have got my exam for tomorrow.

Yes u just describe the shape of the graph using terms like maximum, peak, increase, decrease or minimum or etc using values in each description
Using values from the graph is very important............

Thankss again x
This really helped :D !!

Reaction score
Guys we have to draw the graph in Bio and chem with Pen or Pencil ?
Secondly how to find surface area

NEVER use a pen for the graph , always it's a pencil.

And for your surface area question go to page 408 I have answered the same question there :)