• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ummmm hello,,
I couldnt understand a question about logic gates in november 2011 Question 10 b ,, i dont understand how it works ....
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE SOME ONE HELP URGENT :(
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w06_qp_3.pdf
q-1 b (iv)
q-5b
q-6a, c
q-7a
q-8a
q- 9 c how to draw :/
q-10 c
and 11 a
plz plz plz help plz

q1-b (iv)The cork can't float, so therefore you have to include a method to make it stay underwater.The best way would be to tie a rock to it - however you'd have to find the volume of the rock first and subtract it ;)
q-5b

The particles being subjected to heat gain kinetic energy and vibrate faster, causing them to knock the particles next to them and thus spreading the energy along. (Don't need to say, but for your benefit; the particles which get knocked also gain energy, vibrate, knock particles surrounding and further spread it etc. )
q6a)
q6a.jpg
q6c) There is no change because the rays are entering/exiting along the normal (i.e. angle of incidence = 0)
q7a)
First thing which is wrong: The wavelength of the diffracted waves is not constant/increases
Second thing which is wrong: It is not diffracted/not curved (should be curved)
q8a)
q8a.jpg
q9a)
q9a.jpg
q10c)When it goes dark, the resistance of the LDR is high
When it's high it gets a higher share of the voltage, and the transistor C gets the same amount of this voltage. Since the voltage is high now, transistor conducts/allows current to get to the lamp, and the lamp switches on.

q11a) Atoms will lose electrons when they interact with particles, thus causing them to become ions
ii)Multiple reasons: It has slower speed, so it can hit more particles
It has larger size so it can hit more particles
It has higher charge so it can take more electrons

I hope I helped you!

Reaction score
Reaction score
HELP!!!
physics winter 2010 p 33!!!
question 2b
HELP!!!

q2b.jpg

Alright