• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i have a doubt in bio may 2011 Q 11
how come it is D i thoght it is B because the pollen tube is coming from the anther and
Q 19 i know anopheles is a ninsect because it has wings but which is the other insect
it's comin 4m d anther of d same flower, n it doesn't happen internally, d pollen must fall on d stigma, which is d case in D.

1. Characteristics of insects:
  2. 1. 3 body parts
    2. one pair of antennae
    3. compound eyes
    4. mandibles
    5. thorax
  3. 6.exoskeleton
  4. 7.open circulatory system
  5. so dis doesnt mean dat d thing NEEDs 2 have wings 2 b an insect, c 4 instance ants., so d 1st organism is also an insect

Reaction score
I dont think your teacher is right..check out this link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080703182004AA2NPRi
Well, do you have the mark scheme for June 2000?
If yes, check Q 5: At which level of organisation is an artery?
A. a cell
B. an organ
C. an organ system
D. a tissue
I have it as a hardcopy only! and it says B.
I did this mistake before and wouldn't repeat my mistake, earlier I thought it is a tissue but the teacher corrected me last year!:)

Reaction score
I dont think your teacher is right..check out this link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080703182004AA2NPRi

http://www.bcb.uwc.ac.za/SCI_ED/grade10/manphys/vessel.htm
Check out this link!
We said before that an organ consists of a group of tissues, right? If you go through this link, you will read the following: "The outer layer consist of white fibrous connective tissue which merges to the outside with the loose connective tissue in which artery is found. This helps to anchor the arteries because the heart pumps the blood through the arteries at a great pressure. The thick middle layer consist of elastic connective tissue and involuntary muscle tissue. "
So, we have fibrous tissue, connective tissue, elastic connective tissue and involuntary muscle tissue.
Aren't you still convinced?
Good luck in Tuesday's exam :)!
We have to DISCUSS to find out WHAT is right, not Argue to find out WHO is right ! (y) because when the examiners are checking our papers, they will give marks for the correct answer only and no one would like to lose a mark for such a thing, right?
AND, MY TEACHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!:p

Reaction score
Reaction score
The other options may be correct, but not necessarily. That's why the question highlights the term 'must'. So, although both of them may be in the same period, but they must have the same number of electrons in their first shell.
curse the EXAMINERS!!!

Reaction score
anyone else feels like they're going to do terribly in their last IG's? i actually prefer bio million times more than chemistry!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s07_qp_1.pdf
QUESTION 16 WHY IS IT C BUT NOT B???????
IM GOING TO DO TERRIBLY IN THE EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO QUESTION 22 WHY IS IT C BUT NOT D?
Q 16. in the thrid equation, there isn't a reactant that oxidises or reduces, so it isn't a redox reaction.
Q 22 there is no reactant that is being reduced, but a precipitate is formed when the reaction is complete, so the reaction is precipitation

Reaction score
Well, do you have the mark scheme for June 2000?
If yes, check Q 5: At which level of organisation is an artery?
A. a cell
B. an organ
C. an organ system
D. a tissue
I have it as a hardcopy only! and it says B.
I did this mistake before and wouldn't repeat my mistake, earlier I thought it is a tissue but the teacher corrected me last year!:)
Thats like the weirdest thing ive ever heard!!U knw wat let me ask my teacher and see what he has to say!!