• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
But if S1 was closed...then without doubt both lamps would be on as the current would flow through the base current in the transistor so the circuit would be complete...if s1 was open no current would flow throughout to the base in the transistor so the circuit wont be complete...both lamps would be off....that's wat I think :p

Reaction score
yes u r rite........
but it says s1 open then it would be off
and s2 closed so lamp would be on......
i wrote..... OFF ON AND ON OFF......

Reaction score
Ppl I’m in so much big trouble ..I know the formulas of electricity Chap
but I don’t know when I’m suppose to use the formula on the given Question !!
(Physics 0625) they r so confusing !! :(

N.M

Reaction score
Ppl I’m in so much big trouble ..I know the formulas of electricity Chap
but I don’t know when I’m suppose to use the formula on the given Question !!
(Physics 0625) they r so confusing !! :(

Aoa wr wb,

At the beginning what you can do is that write all the formulas at the corner of the paper b4 starting the question. Then carefully read the question and copy down the given info (like P.d=20V n etc...) once you have the data in front of you, u can simply match it with the formulas you have written... N then just plug in the values n solve it. :)

This is how I used to do initially then by tym n practice you learn the formulas, n know which formula is applicable on which question...

Reaction score
Guysss ! In electrolysis, when the remaining solution is an acid or a base where is it depostited? Cathode or anode? There are questions in paper 1 ...

Reaction score
In some questions of physics paper 1, it says that " a simple mercury barometer. The barometer is reading is H cm of mercury.
What is the pressure at S ( the top , air part ) ? Ans says Approx. zero. why is it zero and not atmospheric presssure ?
question is p.1 m.j.2004
thnks

Reaction score
Beaker is just a container..
Burette is a vertical cylinder piece,.. also helps in measuring volume of the substance.. ( liquid)
Conical Flask , another type of container .. has readings on it's circumference..
Measuring Cylinder , used to measure volume ,
Pipette, used to transport a measured volume of liquid.

Reaction score
Guysss ! In electrolysis, when the remaining solution is an acid or a base where is it depostited? Cathode or anode? There are questions in paper 1 ...

Hmmm..
It depends on ions present in solution .
For example , if it is Chlorine... as we know .. chlorine has a negative charge of -1 .. so it would deposit on positive rod . which is Anode
and if a substance has a positive charge.. it is deposited on the Cathode ( the negative rod)

Reaction score
Hmmm..
It depends on ions present in solution .
For example , if it is Chlorine... as we know .. chlorine has a negative charge of -1 .. so it would deposit on positive rod . which is Anode
and if a substance has a positive charge.. it is deposited on the Cathode ( the negative rod)
Thanks alot :) This means if it's Na0H since Na+ is present, it's deposited at the cathode and if H2SO4.. since SO42- is present, it is deposited at the anode?

Reaction score
Y
Thanks alot :) This means if it's Na0H since Na+ is present, it's deposited at the cathode and if H2SO4.. since SO42- is present, it is deposited at the anode?
Yup :)
it always depends on the charge on the ions...
You understood xD

Reaction score
If you don't see why A is the correct one, try figuring out why other options are wrong.
Lets see then.
B is wrong, because thicker insulation would definitely stop heat escaping but this is what would lead to overheating of the cable and we don't want that.
C is wrong, because more resistance would lead to more heat being produced and heat loss cannot be countered by a thinner insulation. Plus, the cable has to be used for a mains circuit so using thinner insulation is a not appropriate.
D is wrong, because thinner insulation would allow more heat to escape, not less heat.
That leaves us with A. If you consider that now, a cable with less resistance would not allow overheating as well as the thicker insulation would ensure safety in the mains. Hence, it is correct :)

Reaction score
If you don't see why A is the correct one, try figuring out why other options are wrong.
Lets see then.
B is wrong, because thicker insulation would definitely stop heat escaping but this is what would lead to overheating of the cable and we don't want that.
C is wrong, because more resistance would lead to more heat being produced and heat loss cannot be countered by a thinner insulation. Plus, the cable has to be used for a mains circuit so using thinner insulation is a not appropriate.
D is wrong, because thinner insulation would allow more heat to escape, not less heat.
That leaves us with A. If you consider that now, a cable with less resistance would not allow overheating as well as the thicker insulation would ensure safety in the mains. Hence, it is correct :)
Explained in detail... nice :)

Reaction score
Hmm..
See.. a moment is FORCE multiplied by DISTANCE FROM PIVOT.... generally.. this is the case..
there are 2 types of moments Anti-Clockwise Moments and Clockwise Moments..
And... Anti-clockwise moments is always equal to Clockwise moments

Reaction score
In a species of plant, the allele for red flowers (R) is dominant over the allele for white flowers (r).
Two red–flowered plants were crossed.
plant with red flowers × plant with red flowers = 93 red-flowered and 28 white-flowered

What are the genotypes of the parents?
A. RR and rr
B. RR and Rr
C. Rr and Rr
D. Rr and rr
urgent!!! plz reply ASAP!!!! THANKS!!!!