• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Good day, I have a question here: to find refractive index, we use sin i/sin r. But there are cases when we have to switch to sin r/sin i. I would like to ask, when do we switch?

Reaction score
Hello,
I dont understand how you find the speed of this question. 3(B). What do you have to do? Please help.

Reaction score
A QUESTION IN PAPER 3 PHYSICS
2008 NOVEMBER OCTORBER VARIANT 31 ..
I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN IT FOR ME .

Reaction score
Bio ; Paper 31
There was a question about crabs that live in deep sea have white outerlayer.
So I said it's mutation that natural selection chose that melanin is not required as there is no sunlight. So the crab becomes white ( Albino ).

Reaction score
Tricky ain't it?
Now you know the equation Speed=Distance/Time But this is for constant speed :/ but the graph does not have constant speed
Now yo need to know the Distance in the first 3 second because we have to remove this distance from triangle and rectangle
using area under the graph =1/2*8*3 you will get 12 so in the first 3s 12m traveled
What about the other time how much in the other time 100 is the total so 100-12 will give you for the other
which is 88 so now the are under the triangle and rectangle = distance traveled which is 88 Damn Here is an attachment to help i suck at explaining

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Tricky ain't it?
Now you know the equation Speed=Distance/Time But this is for constant speed :/ but the graph does not have constant speed
Now yo need to know the Distance in the first 3 second because we have to remove this distance from triangle and rectangle
using area under the graph =1/2*8*3 you will get 12 so in the first 3s 12m traveled
What about the other time how much in the other time 100 is the total so 100-12 will give you for the other
which is 88 so now the are under the triangle and rectangle = distance traveled which is 88 Damn Here is an attachment to help i suck at explaining
I get how you find the area of the yellow part, but what do you do after that? I don't understand the last part : area of yellow=1/2*(11.2*x)=1.6 80-x = 7.7
What is x? And why are we finding the area of yellow again when we just found it..? I'm confused, please explain if you can, or someone else, thanks .

Reaction score
can someone please help me with electrical motors? (physics) I'm so stuck
Sure
What is an Electrical motor? An electric motor is a device that transfers electrical energy into rotational energy.
How is it Done?Something that spins round has rotational energy.
Rotational energy is a form of kinetic energy.
How do they work? The catapult effect (motor effect) is used to make a simple electric motor spin round. The wire is pushed in the opposite direction if the direction of the current through it is reversed.
Where is the wire from? In a motor, the wire is wound around a central block called an armature.
How does the armature rotate?A spindle(Axis) through the armature allows it to rotate. The current flows in opposite directions on each side of the armature, so one side is pushed while the other is pulled. This makes the armature rotate.
What are split ring commutator?A split - ring commutator (sometimes just called a commutator) is a simple and clever device for reversing the current direction
through an armature every half turn. If it is present the current will flow in one direction(ONE DIRECTION ;))
What are those made from?The commutator is made from two round pieces of copper, one on each side of the spindle. A piece of carbon (graphite) is lightly pushed against the copper to conduct the electricity to the armature. The carbon brushes are on the sides of the copper when the commutator spins.
How do they work? As the motor rotates, first one piece of copper, then the next connects with the brush every half turn.

Reaction score
Bio ; Paper 31
There was a question about crabs that live in deep sea have white outerlayer.
So I said it's mutation that natural selection chose that melanin is not required as there is no sunlight. So the crab becomes white ( Albino ).
I didn't solve the last question and the Second Page ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Am Still have chance to get A*????????

Reaction score
Okay , I found his .. During the day, the sun warming the land also warms the air. Since land heats up quicker than water does, the air over land gets warmer than the air over the water. Consiquently, the warmer air, being less dense moves up. To fill its place the cooler air over the water moves in to fill its place creating whats known as a Sea Breeze. Reversly, at night the land cools down faster than the water does, and creates a Land Breeze. .