• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
5B Answered ;)
11 b Because it is NPN transistor the current flow is from emitter to base and here you DON'T need a thermistor (This is for temperatures and here we don't have to note the temperature) Your question why don't we keep Variable resistor at b and LDR at A this has a lot to explain but lemme give it a go so when the light intensity decreases(becomes dark) the resistance increases for LDR and now when Resistance increases Voltage increases and we need a higher share of voltage at B not at A because we need the PD across the Base to e larger enough for the base current to switch on the collector-emitter current as when the large current flows from the collector to emitter the bulb will light and at A is has Less share of resistance from the power supply.
c- Themistor Hot and then Resistance decrease ad voltage decrease so this has to be placed at A this time to switch on the circuit Large voltage at B and low at A so that all about this
I really can explain you 10 a wordy

thanks a lot

Reaction score
Could i write in Nov011 2 a) Sun evaporates water from lake forming clouds that fall again as rain and they form river and this river is dammed to make a lake and water rushes from Lake to turn generators at the foot of the dame . PE--> Electric ?

Reaction score
Could i write in Nov011 2 a) Sun evaporates water from lake forming clouds that fall again as rain and they form river and this river is dammed to make a lake and water rushes from Lake to turn generators at the foot of the dame . PE--> Electric ?
The energy change would be better if you mention that P.E is first changed to Kinetic Energy when the water flows from the foot of the dame and then this KE is used to spin turbines to create electric energy this and the evaporation would let you score full marks

Reaction score
and if you want a formal answer here "Energy from the sun evaporates water in the Earth’s oceans and rivers and draws it upward as water vapor. When the water vapor reaches the cooler air in the atmosphere, it condenses and forms clouds. The moisture eventually falls to the Earth as rain or snow, replenishing the water in the oceans and rivers and lakes. The rivers are dammed........

Reaction score
at the instant when the coil is vertical,the springy contacts do nit in fact make contact with the ends of the coil.
describe and explain what happens to the coil?
anyone?

Reaction score
hello, if i a get a 60-65 % in IGCSE Chemistry core is that considered a C? im really worried, thanks.