• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
should we study things not written in our syllabus thou our teacher may have taught it 2 us. example is "Ohms law" its not in my physics textbook or the 0625 cie igcse syllabus for physics.
If we do need to study it can someone plz explain it 2 me! thank u!

Reaction score
should we study things not written in our syllabus thou our teacher may have taught it 2 us. example is "Ohms law" its not in my physics textbook or the 0625 cie igcse syllabus for physics.
If we do need to study it can someone plz explain it 2 me! thank u!

To be on the safe side just go through it once so if you get a question by chance you know the answer

Reaction score
bro only xylem is dead... okay.....

the ones that are dead are the xylem's and the schlerenchyma cells

There are 5 types of plant cells:
of the xylem (tracheids, vessel elements) of
the phloem (sieve tubes, companion cells) parenchyma
collenchyma
schlerenchyma cells

Cells of the xylem are dead at functional maturity, as they transport water up the stem mainly by root pressure, transpiration, cohesion, and tension. cells of the phloem are alive at functional maturity. they actively transport sugar down a plant. parenchyma cells are relatively unspecialized plant cells that are alive at functional maturity. collenchyma cells are also alive at functional maturity that provide structural support, particularly in growing shoots and leaves. schlerenchyma cells are dead at functional maturity.