• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics doubts !

Reaction score
Hello ! I am new here ! and on my first day ....I have doubts ! :)
It's physics paper 6 w05 q1) part c and also to reduce the heating effect of current we need to increase voltage right ??

Reaction score
okay i have this question , isnt more voltage = more current?

i know from paper 1s that more voltage reduces heating effect , but why is that?

Reaction score
The thing is they say that when transferring electricity they step up / increase voltage so that there is less energy lost as heat
but a few mark schemes say that to reduce heating effect of current we should decrease voltage !!!!

Reaction score
Increase Voltage will reduce heat loss
Increase Current will increase heat loss
& about the point of Voltage increase = current increase. just remove it from your mind cause they wont ask you further more then that

Reaction score
in transformers. Increase voltage/decrease current. In normal circuits. MORE VOLTAGE. MORE CURRENT

Reaction score
okay...so i wrote 2 points:-
1. use a wire with a high specific heat capacity to reduce alterations in resistance due to an increase in temp.
2. reduce the current flowing through the circuit.
hope that helps..:)

Reaction score
omg, the exam was soo easy, & im soo happy now :) , by the way I did the first varient.