• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS HELP!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and found it very useful. I have my physics paper day after tomorrow so I would be glad if someone can these problems

1. Describe simple experiments to show refraction of sound waves.
2. Describe the factors which influence the quality (timbre) of sound waves and how these factors may be demonstrated.
3. Use of ultra sound in quality control.
4. Discuss the environmental and cost implications of underground power transmission compared to overhead lines.
5. State the meaning of the terms processor, output device and feedback.
6. Describe the use of a bistable circuit.
7. Describe the use of a astable circuit. Describe how the frequency of an astable circuit is related to the values of the resistive and capacitive components.
8. Describe with the aid of a block diagram one type of fission reactor for the use in a power station.

All these topics are listed in the syllabus.
Waiting for someone to reply.
Thankyou

Reaction score
it is highly unlikely tht these topiks will b examined
anyway, i did cover some of these topics
but i dont quite remember now
u can use stephen poplez book fr bistable and astable circuits n other topiks
if not u cn google them :)

Reaction score
farrukh said:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and found it very useful. I have my physics paper day after tomorrow so I would be glad if someone can these problems

1. Describe simple experiments to show refraction of sound waves.
2. Describe the factors which influence the quality (timbre) of sound waves and how these factors may be demonstrated.
3. Use of ultra sound in quality control.
4. Discuss the environmental and cost implications of underground power transmission compared to overhead lines.
5. State the meaning of the terms processor, output device and feedback.
6. Describe the use of a bistable circuit.
7. Describe the use of a astable circuit. Describe how the frequency of an astable circuit is related to the values of the resistive and capacitive components.
8. Describe with the aid of a block diagram one type of fission reactor for the use in a power station.

All these topics are listed in the syllabus.
Waiting for someone to reply.
Thankyou

As about the bistable and astable circuits, and other things from Electronic Systems, the syllabus itself says, 'There will be no compulsory questions set on Section 25 of the syllabus, i.e. Electronics
systems – printed in italics. Questions set on topics within Section 25 will appear only in
Paper 2 and will always be set as an alternative within a question'
So, I've never touched these topics in my 3 years of O levels. Just relax! ;)

Reaction score
what about other topics other than electronics?? refraction of sound waves and ultrasound is not optional

Reaction score
farrukh said:
what about other topics other than electronics?? refraction of sound waves and ultrasound is not optional
Yeah, they ain't optional. You can just read them from the book of Federal. ;)

Reaction score
wht r u guyx doing ...reading da whole book or solving pastpaers yearly ???.....derex so much to do n so damn confused wht n how to do... :(

Reaction score
sahar said:
wht r u guyx doing ...reading da whole book or solving pastpaers yearly ???.....derex so much to do n so damn confused wht n how to do... :(
First read the book and if there's still some time remaining, then you should solve past papers, too!

Reaction score
Zishi said:
farrukh said:
Yeah, they ain't optional. You can just read them from the book of Federal. ;)
which book are you talking about can you name the book and its author please

Reaction score
sahar said:
i am doing both

Reaction score
da whole ov it ??? or juxt luking at da notes ??? ....is yearly solving important ?.....

Reaction score
sahar said:
da whole ov it ??? or juxt luking at da notes ??? ....is yearly solving important ?.....
i think solving yearly is more important than topical but there is no time left so looking at your notes would now be better

Reaction score
Hi please help me out with this CIE paper May/June 2010 Paper 23

Q2c)

and

Q3c) i)

Please Thank You