• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Here....

Reaction score
Hello eveyone,
excuse me I want to if the acceleration of free fall means that air resistance should be excluded to get the ratio g=9.8m/s2?
and plz what is meant by the terminal velocity?
help me soon ,any help is appreciated in advance, thanks. :|

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
niassu said:
excuse me I want to if the acceleration of free fall means that air resistance should be excluded to get the ratio g=9.8m/s2?
Yes.

niassu said:
plz what is meant by the terminal velocity?
help me soon ,any help is appreciated in advance, thanks. :|
Terminal velocity is the term for the state an object reaches when the force of drag acting on it is equal to the force of gravity acting on it. When an object reaches its terminal velocity, it no longer accelerates, remaining at whatever velocity it was already traveling or else slowing down.

Reaction score
can anyone explain the the centripetal force plz.
thanks

ya.. and one more thing would u recommend books?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Any motion in a curved path represents accelerated motion, and requires a force directed toward the center of curvature of the path. This force is called the centripetal force which means "center seeking" force. The force has the magnitude m(v²/r).

Regarding book recommendation, do you need for course coverage or revision?

Reaction score
PlanetMaster said:
Any motion in a curved path represents accelerated motion, and requires a force directed toward the center of curvature of the path. This force is called the centripetal force which means "center seeking" force. The force has the magnitude m(v²/r).

Regarding book recommendation, do you need for course coverage or revision?

well thanks for ur attention Planetmaster,and about the book I would like to know the course coverage book plz and I want it to include practical in it to cover the syllabus
thanks again.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
thanks niassu for ur contribution...i hope it's useful for people doing IGCSE's!!