• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics MCQ help.

Reaction score
I am confused with a question and need help. I would also be glad to help if anyone else has problem with any other question. Just paste your question in the thread.

My Question: A mass of liquid of density p is thoroughly mixed with an equal mass of another liquid of density 2p. No change in volume occurs. What is the density of the liquid mixture??

Reaction score
34 is a simple question. U see that in both diagram same combination i.e PQRS. In both diagram the batter or power supply is connected which is in parallel combination. so no difference they ve same normal brightness.
(Are u appearing in AS or AS/A2?)

Reaction score
@generalsZH: Thanks. I wanted to know what actually effects the brightness of the lamps which have constant resistance? Is it only voltage or only current or both?

I am giving As/A2. You??

Reaction score
Since source is battery(emf) and the combination is parallel so ofcorse in parallel voltage is same.

m also AS/A2. Its a simple trick just remember the parallel and series combination and u wil automatically understand..

Reaction score
Q1 done(the one u asked at the top)
the density of mixture = 4p/3.
the volume of first= m/p
the volume of second=m/2p.
total volume =3m/2p
total mass=2m
density of mixture=2m/(3m/2p)=4p/3.

hope it helps^^^..

Reaction score
Since source is battery(emf) and the combination is parallel so ofcorse in parallel voltage is same.

m also AS/A2. Its a simple trick just remember the parallel and series combination and u wil automatically understand..

Reaction score
@generalsZH: Yeah, I understand it. But what I am now asking is not the question. It's completely outside the question.

I want to know what effects the brightness of the lamp. Is it only voltage or only current or both?

Reaction score
@Deathdealer: Question 13 is easy. The gravitational pull does not change when the object is immersed.

You can also eliminate other options.
A is incorrect because the balance reading will not reduce as the upthrust is the same.
B is incorrect because the balance reading is weight - upthrust (not upthrust)
C is incorrect because the the forces acting on the horizontal side cause the upthrust (not the forces on the horizontal sides of the cube)