• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p2

Reaction score
RaTeDRSuPeRsTaR said:
No, my friends...the graph drawn above is totally wrong..acceleration was not constant so it should be accelerating with a shape like S...as goes for deceleration it was mentioned constant deceleration that means it was NOT A CURVE ofcourse...it was a straight line..DONT ARGUE ANYMORE BECAUSE THIS QUESTION WAS COPIED FROM A BOOK KNOWN AS SEQUENTIAL PHYSICS AND ITS ANSWER WAS PROVIDED THERE...:/
Thank u for your efficiency..
yeah you are right.....!! i also did like that.
it was a straight line for decelaration.

Reaction score
RaTeDRSuPeRsTaR said:
No, my friends...the graph drawn above is totally wrong..acceleration was not constant so it should be accelerating with a shape like S...as goes for deceleration it was mentioned constant deceleration that means it was NOT A CURVE ofcourse...it was a straight line..DONT ARGUE ANYMORE BECAUSE THIS QUESTION WAS COPIED FROM A BOOK KNOWN AS SEQUENTIAL PHYSICS AND ITS ANSWER WAS PROVIDED THERE...:/

The acceleration part WAS supposed to be like that. On the other hand, for deceleration the word constant wasn't actually mentioned. It just said that the parachutist decelerated, which means they can't penalize you for how you shaped it because they haven't specified. Simply put, both a curve and a straight line would be correct.

Reaction score
deceleration was a curve as the question did not mention the word constant....deceleration had to be non-uniform...and had to be represented by a curve. As for acceleration it had to be a curve...it can be S shaped and also the curve shown in the diagram....therefore, the sketch of the graph is correct!

Reaction score
I drew a straight line for the deceleration. If it is wrong, how many marks will be deducted for it??

Reaction score
rogue94 said:
This is the accurate shape of the graph....a curve for acceleration...then a straight line for constant speed...then again a curve for deceleration and finally a straight line for constant speed! it had 4 marks and is was also divided into 4 parts...two curves and two straight lines

your graph is totally correct :)

Reaction score
RaTeDRSuPeRsTaR said:

if this is a speed time graph, then there is no need for an S, cuz the gradient (aka acceleration) is also non uniform in this curve

Reaction score
i dont think it is VERY important, but as the paprachutist falls, his "acceleration" decreases, so i think a curve would have been better. check this

Reaction score
Average deceleration means it was a curve.....No more discussion on this question

attachment.action

http://www.absorblearning.com/media/attachment.action?quick=55&att=362

Reaction score
can we discuss anything else than this? any other question...........? m having a head ache