• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p33.. June 2011

Reaction score
Just learnt today that for the moments question there'd be two glass prisms, two metre rulers, slotted masses and blocks of some sort. (And yeah blue tac.)

Reaction score
moments would involve some balancing of the ruler at it's centre of gravity on the prism which would act as a knife edge!!!

Reaction score
how will we draw the tabel of results for it? wht would be the headings ? for the colums

Reaction score
I dont know about you people but i have seen the apparatus for the moments question, each person will be provided with two wooden wedges(this rules out possibility of knife edge thingy), a new scale :p, masses and blu tack(the sticky yellow stuff)

Reaction score
well lets try predicting what thing he might ask us to investigate........well it would be hell difficult to balance that bt u cn practice in home i guess

Reaction score
question one involves wooden wedges, 2 meter rules and weight, thread. this question is related to changing distance of weight across one meter rule and measuring the depression of it through the other scale. and the second question is about center of gravity.

msk

Reaction score
Sabrina said:
question one involves wooden wedges, 2 meter rules and weight, thread. this question is related to changing distance of weight across one meter rule and measuring the depression of it through the other scale. and the second question is about center of gravity.

second question is regarding oscialtions and its CONFIRM.... paper 33 that is!

Reaction score
@yubakkk...I think another is to hit on the head of the invigelator if he calls the time is out... :Yahoo!: :evil:

Reaction score
msk said:
Sabrina said:

second question is regarding oscialtions and its CONFIRM.... paper 33 that is!

and how exactly u knw its confirm? cause i am sure of my source.

Reaction score
guys one thing i fail to understand is how the hell are we going to draw a graph in a moments question because i dont think it has enough data collection involved with it!! according to wht i think oscillations will involve graphs while moments will involve error analysis....................but guys im not sure havent done a moments experiment without getting the ruler balanced correctly *sigh*