• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P4 Discussion

Reaction score
In the Simple harmonic motion question... Wat was the displacement? N hw did u calculate it?

Reaction score
Ok so Physics 42,
1) was the displacement in the shm question 2cm?
2) In the x ray attenuation question in Section B, what were the 2 answers, if you guys are unable to remember it,( which is most likely the case) could you atleast tell me the method? as in was it 1/e-attenuation coeffecient*length , and was the second answer( where the ray passed through bone as well) a much larger number than the first one?
3) Output of OPamp in section B, did we have to draw another wave, which is out of phase by 180 degrees from the input voltage wave, and with an amplitude of 5V?( because Vin was connected to the inverting input)
4) aaand the melting of ice at 0degrees? what was the explanation for that?
5) Lastly, the magnet question, what was the direction of the magnetic force? and why? also what happens to the force when an RMS current is present in the wire?

h.b

Reaction score
i have A in p2 A in p3 and B in p1 if i get a B in p4 and A in p5 do u guys think i can maintain my A grade??? I think i will av 30 marks deduction in my p4 i messed up real bad=/ also can some one tell me what equation was to be used in the Shm question was it 1/2w^2 x^2=mgx????

Reaction score
and abt the ratio in the applications section?

EDIT : X-Ray attenuation through bone and muscle!

Reaction score
i have A in p2 A in p3 and B in p1 if i get a B in p4 and A in p5 do u guys think i can maintain my A grade??? I think i will av 30 marks deduction in my p4 i messed up real bad=/ also can some one tell me what equation was to be used in the Shm question was it 1/2w^2 x^2=mgx????

if you are sure you only lost 30 marks in p4 then that's A bro
and over all will be A

Reactions: h.b

h.b

Reaction score
and what about abt the Vout graph in the application portion question 1 i think? i drew the graph same as the Vin graph that was provided but with amplitude 5V since that was the voltage of the battery to the op-amp

Reaction score
and what about abt the Vout graph in the application portion question 1 i think? i drew the graph same as the Vin graph that was provided but with amplitude 5V since that was the voltage of the battery to the op-amp
yes the amplitude was 5v but the graph was inverted! :p

Reaction score
but the graph was not sinosudioal it is rectangular..

Reaction score
Hold on a minute .... Why was the output 5 again ? We weren't even told if it was saturated, neither we're we told the gain .... It Wud still be a curve with 180 degrees out of phase .... I. E inverted