• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS p42 GT

PHYSICS p42 GT

• Total voters
Reaction score
1)mv^2/r = Bqv
m = Bqr/v
2) r = mv/Bq
Path A radius is half of path B because ions in A have mass half of B, since v, B and q are all the same for both A and B

Reaction score
1)mv^2/r = Bqv
m = Bqr/v
2) r = mv/Bq
Path A radius is half of path B because ions in A have mass half of B, since v, B and q are all the same for both A and B
I wrote this all but dis not mention that its mass is half...wrote its mass is smaller and explain it with eqn...will I loss any mark?

Reaction score
1)mv^2/r = Bqv
m = Bqr/v
2) r = mv/Bq
In the start of question he said ions of same isotopes. Path was diff due to diff charge. Quntitatively charge was double on A

Reaction score
Sorry, im forgetting the paper. I just remembered that 1.6E-19 was given. But hey, isotopes have the same charge! Like, they have different no. Of neutrons but same no. Of protons.

Reaction score
Yes he is correct. Only charge on B was given. Isotopes have roughly the same mass. So isotopes in A have double charge.

Reaction score
Yes he is correct. Only charge on B was given. Isotopes have roughly the same mass. So isotopes in A have double charge.
Charge on isotopes is same. You can google it. Isotopes have similar charge as neutrons have no charge. Then how can charge be different?