• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P5 All Info You Need !!

Reaction score
1) only 1 of them
2) you can do it either way, i prefer the second one too
3) you have to give answers to the number of sgf that is either equal to or one more than the ones in the table
4) you MUST ensure that your best fit line divides all your points equally.
5) The worst acceptable line MUST pass through all the error bars

This is as far as I know.
Hope it helped
yes it did, thanks! but could you please clear some more stuff up for me? :

sometimes the sgf in the question in the table have been to both 3 and 2 sig figs, can i then take my choice of them? because the examiner is really confusing in that regard
also, alot of the times the line i draw may have 2 points above line, and 1 below, or something like that. Is that wrong?? and does the best line HAVE to touch the first and last point, or just give an even distribution?

Reaction score
yes it did, thanks! but could you please clear some more stuff up for me? :

sometimes the sgf in the question in the table have been to both 3 and 2 sig figs, can i then take my choice of them? because the examiner is really confusing in that regard
also, alot of the times the line i draw may have 2 points above line, and 1 below, or something like that. Is that wrong?? and does the best line HAVE to touch the first and last point, or just give an even distribution?

if the value in the table has 2 sgf, you give your answer to 2 sgf, likewise, if it's 3 sgf, then your answer will be to 3 sgf
I don't think it must touch both the first and last points, you only need to have an even distribution.

This is what i think. It would be nice if someone could confirm.

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w12_qp_53.pdf
CAN SUMONE TEL THAT HOW EM SUPPOE TO DRAW ERROR BARS IN THIS Q2..??they are going out of the graph ..plz sumone help!!!!:cry:

https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/solved-physics-paper-5.27095/page-14#post-597010
I have explained how to calculate the errors in the link i have posted.
To draw the error bars just plug in the value of the error into the scale of the graph.
Hope it helped.

Reaction score
Reaction score
no this is not possible as errors are caused by the instrument hence when there is an error inthe given reading..then by further calculation the error CANNOT DISAPPEAR!
Okay so for this one http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_51.pdf
Q2 (b), first value: the error bar wd be : 2.53 & 2.47 But the scale wdnt allow me to mark for 2 dp...therefore rounding off to one means both of 'em wd be 2.5 , so now how do we get a BAR?! o_O
This aint the first time. :/
Aries_95