• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P5 All Info You Need !!

Reaction score
Reaction score
For question 2-C(iv):

lgY=lgS+lgI (r)

use a value of lgY form the table. for the same value, use the value of lgI
Ex: if we use lg Y=0.41 then use lgI= 1.70 and the value of gradient will be used for r.
Rearranging this, you will get the value for lg S which is the y- intercept..
Hope you understand it :)

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_51.pdf

The first and last error bars are flying outa the graph?!! nd the bars r huge? And how do I draw the worst fit line? :(
Help yo!
Thanks a looot! :D

Reaction score
The pole should be attatched to a rotating device such as a motor.. the faster the device rotates, the higher the spped :)
did u read the question? I mean...We have to make the device rotate faster by some means? Is it possible for u to show me the diag? o_O

Reaction score
how to draw the error bar when the errors are in the x-axis???are they sideways??? also,how to draw the worst acceptable line then??is it from the extreme right (highest) of the first point to the extreme left of the last point???plz reply anyone..ASAP..plzz help..!!

Reaction score
For question 2-C(iv):

lgY=lgS+lgI (r)

use a value of lgY form the table. for the same value, use the value of lgI
Ex: if we use lg Y=0.41 then use lgI= 1.70 and the value of gradient will be used for r.
Rearranging this, you will get the value for lg S which is the y- intercept..
Hope you understand it :)
yea bt the uncertainty.. ? o_O

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_51.pdf

The first and last error bars are flying outa the graph?!! nd the bars r huge? And how do I draw the worst fit line? :(
Help yo!
Thanks a looot! :D

No..they are not....you have to draw the error bars keeping in mind that lg T is on Y axis. the worst fit line is made by joining the top of the error bar on one end with the bottom of th last one ( You can do it vice versa)...hope you understand :)

Reaction score
No..they are not....you have to draw the error bars keeping in mind that lg T is on Y axis. the worst fit line is made by joining the top of the error bar on one end with the bottom of th last one ( You can do it vice versa)...hope you understand :)
Can u tell me the values (first and last) of ur error bars? Please! Please!

Reaction score
yea bt the uncertainty.. ? o_O

Calculate the y intercept using the same values of Lg Y and lg I but use the gradient of the worst fit line. subtract the answer for the best fit line from the worst fit line and you geet the uncertainity :)

Reaction score
how to draw the error bar when the errors are in the x-axis???are they sideways??? also,how to draw the worst acceptable line then??is it from the extreme right (highest) of the first point to the extreme left of the last point???plz reply anyone..ASAP..plzz help..!!
Aries_95
Yes my question too...worst fit line for error bars in the x axis. :/