• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P5 All Info You Need !!

Reaction score
dont we have to connect a current to the hall probe btw? and i believe the equation for that was something like Vh/vd = B.

Reaction score
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY INFO THAT I MIGHT BE MISSING IN YOUR COMMENTS !!

thanks a lot bro
i didnt understand about the null method? wht is it used for the one u mentioned couldnt understand

Reaction score
and i am almost ready to blast the test tomorrow and i need help with aparatus!
please someone post the list of aparatus we are going to need like what should i use to measure the velocity of wind?
what should i use to measure magnetic flux density? and so on!
please please!
i need the list of apartus! and please reply fast! :) because test is really knocking at the door!
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• Design_Measure_list (1) (1).docx
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Design_Measure_list_(1).pdf
    348.9 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
thanks a lot bro
i didnt understand about the null method? wht is it used for the one u mentioned couldnt understand

null method is when the galvanometer is not calibrated(numbered) but is used to located slight electric current.it's a sensitive ammeter .

Reaction score
Here are 3 graphs from 3 papers. They are VERY troublesome. The thing is that the uncertainties in the values (especially y-intercept) are HUGE. It's supposed to be since the lines deviate further from each other due to the different gradients. But see
May/June 2010 Paper 51 where your m is 70000
±10000 as your uncertainties have to be 1sf and therefore your main value have to be such that the 1 of 10000 is added to the last significant digit, right? But then the value of the time constant comes wrong later (0.5). 7
±30 which is obviously weird. How can your uncertainty be >main value?! In 9702/51/O/N/11 your value of k will be like 2±1 with some exponential. Again too large. Or are the graphs wrong?

Reaction score
for question 1
log 1.98 - log 1.96
it was the idea suggested by a brother.but i m also confused.

i suggested this;

absolute uncertainty= fractional uncertainty multiplied by the answer of division or multiplication.

hence; absol uncer = (log 1.98 - log 1.96) * (log 1.96)

in log fractional uncertainty = log of largest possible value - log of mid value ---> (log 1.98 - log 1.96)

OR

(log of largest possible value - log of smallest possible value) /2 -------> (log 1.98 - log 1.94)/2

Reaction score
error bars in x axis are horizontal...worst acceptable line Should pass from left of top error bar to right
of bottom error bar or right of top error bar to
left of bottom error bar
thanx but when the error bars are horizontal,doesnt it mean that the higher error is the right of bottom point since usually left side is the negative or decreasing side..also,the left side is the lower error of the top point??? so shouldn't it always be from right of bottom to left of top?????

Reaction score
Can anyone help me in how to calculate the uncertainty for O/N 2008 Q2) for D^2