• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1,2 ........can we discuus da papper nw?

Reaction score
at the stationary point, there is no movement of particle, you can see that from any marking scheme or book you want! and the direction of the movement of particle after the crest is upward and before the crest is downwards! i have checked it and confirmed it! therefore i think that CIE will grant marks to both upward or downward arrow marked!

I myself have run into this question 2 times, apart from my notes in physics from which i remember. But I guess we will have to wait for the mark schemes to see for sure :p

Reaction score
I didn't attempt question 9. And you have to bury it to dispose it, means option 'B'.
and yes, conventional current is the same like in a normal circuit
And, A was the force towards the centre of the circle, not friction.
the friction between the tyres and the road actually provides the centripetal force in this case. :p

Reaction score
I wrote that friction is a force that resists motion / it hinders movement and acts in the direction opposite to a moving body. Will i get 2 for it?

Yes. 1 mark for force, the other mark for opposition/hindrance.