• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1 2011 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
burndtjamb said:
The thing with the barometer question is that liquid pressure is affected by 3 things only: density of the liquid, gravitational acceleration, and the depth of the liquid.

Both X and Y were at the same depth, and since the density of mercury and gravitational acceleration is constant the pressure at points X and Y should be equal.
U know why the pressures were not equal, because the more volume of liquid, the more it tries to escape a container and so the pressure is high due to the tendency of the fluid (mercury) to overflow.............. =@ =@ =@ =@

Reaction score
adityar said:
I wrote x had less pressure because in y there was more mercury, meaning more pressure in the deep... What was the extension question; I wrote 300...

I think you and Ahmoosh are both wrong , there was 10 , 20 and 30 and on 20 it was 100 , question said it is DIRECTLY proportional so on 10 it was 50 , on 20 it was 100 and on 30 it was 150.I don't know how you get 300 , Ahmoosh probably thought it goes a double but no .. check your book and see :D

Btw my friend is really boring , asking me all the time after exam about some leaf and rule , and his answer was 29mm ; which question was that ?? :Search:

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
adityar said:
I wrote x had less pressure because in y there was more mercury, meaning more pressure in the deep... What was the extension question; I wrote 300...

I think you and Ahmoosh are both wrong , there was 10 , 20 and 30 and on 20 it was 100 , question said it is DIRECTLY proportional so on 10 it was 50 , on 20 it was 100 and on 30 it was 150.I don't know how you get 300 , Ahmoosh probably thought it goes a double but no .. check your book and see :D

Btw my friend is really boring , asking me all the time after exam about some leaf and rule , and his answer was 29mm ; which question was that ?? :Search:

haha man , i just checked all question past papers 1 , and found the same extension question , answer is 200g . http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0625 - Physics/0625_s05_qp_1.pdf question 8

Reaction score
yea ahmosh is correct I did the same and wht abt maths ahmoosh I think i lost 10-20 marks:( for sequences and some other tricky questions..:(

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
speed of violet decreased more than red .

I did the same ... I don't know from where I get the one for spring , one mark gone from me xD
Take a look at 2005 summer paper , question 34 , same as the one we had today ??
I guess I will take 33-35 marks for this paper.

Reaction score
minimum loss 15 marks , without the tricky bits.... i found it a hard one tbh , like first page sucked for me!

25^ 1/2 = ?

in my cal it gives me 12.5 , when i do it mentally i get 5.... then that answer x by second part gives u the final answer... that was second question....

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
minimum loss 15 marks , without the tricky bits.... i found it a hard one tbh , like first page sucked for me!

25^ 1/2 = ?

in my cal it gives me 12.5 , when i do it mentally i get 5.... then that answer x by second part gives u the final answer... that was second question....

Oh , that doesn't look well .. I hope u ll do fine in next two papers ... first page :O ... I remember first page was easy

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
first question to physics? if yes , its 19 mm

I don't know actually , my friend is asking me whole time about some leaf and rule , we probably had different questions/variants , or maybe I just can't remember it :oops: He is asking is the answer 29 and was the rule on 0 or on 1 ?? I don't remember there was any rule and leaf in my paper lol

Status
Not open for further replies.