• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1 2011 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
it was 19 mm , the trick was to make people think its 29 mm , since the leaf starts at 10mm and ends at 29mm

Reaction score
Ali: I would say an A... Not an A* but an A... I CANT BELIEVE I MADE A MISTAKE ABOUT THE AC GENERATOR TODAY! 3-4 mistakes so far... Is that good enough for an A*

Reaction score
ali123456789 said:
what grade will I get while losing 20 marks in ppr4 and 10 in ppr2?? any guess?

Take the percentage .. reduce 10 marks from the total marks in ppr2 and divide by the total marks number and multiply with the percentage that paper weighs .. same in ppr4.

For example , if paper is 40 marks and it weighs 30 % and lets say u get 35 marks from it , then it will look like this : 35/40 x 30 % ... it comes like 26.25 xD

Reaction score
wat about the machine question will da workdone increase or stay unchanged and da useful output will it increase or decreasa ? :S

Reaction score
Are you guys sure about the lamp question? I DID it on off off ! I don't really remember but i think the switch was behind that external circuit. Also about the barometer, answer is pressure at X and Y is equal.. I did it wrong tho :( ! Math wasn't easy tho but I did good in it. Mensuration question was .... :shock:
Anyways good luck for paper 6 bio :good: .. MY MOST HATED PAPER :cry:

Reaction score
burndtjamb said:
The thing with the barometer question is that liquid pressure is affected by 3 things only: density of the liquid, gravitational acceleration, and the depth of the liquid.

Both X and Y were at the same depth, and since the density of mercury and gravitational acceleration is constant the pressure at points X and Y should be equal.

Y was deeper

Reaction score
what grade will I get while having 100 marks in ppr4 out of 130 and 50 marks in ppr2 of maths out of 70

Reaction score
u sure ? :S i dunno isnt it like efficiency , output is lower than input?
i wrote unchanged , decreased

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:

I wrote increased - decreased ... they used a motor before sunset and their work increased ???

Reaction score
i thought that they are lifting with same force because the masses are identical so same work but less time so more power but am not sure can anyone tell me y??

Reaction score
Ramosk95 said:
i thought that they are lifting with same force because the masses are identical so same work but less time so more power but am not sure can anyone tell me y??

Same WORK. More POWER. You are correct.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Ahmooosh said:

I wrote increased - decreased ... they used a motor before sunset and their work increased ???

Work = Force x distance. force and distance were same both evening and morning. So it remains UNCHANGED. BUT less time was being taken. Which means power was more.

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
Ramosk95 said:

Same WORK. More POWER. You are correct.
but i think that we're wrong becausethere is an equation which is w=fv whre w=work and f=force and v=velocity so higher velocity with same force so more work :ss but it is for AS level
for maths what did you write for the rod does it fit or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.