• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1 2011 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ramosk95 said:
WayneRooney10 said:
Ramosk95 said:
i thought that they are lifting with same force because the masses are identical so same work but less time so more power but am not sure can anyone tell me y??

Same WORK. More POWER. You are correct.
but i think that we're wrong becausethere is an equation which is w=fv whre w=work and f=force and v=velocity so higher velocity with same force so more work :ss but it is for AS level
for maths what did you write for the rod does it fit or not??
The rod fits

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
that equation, i have never heard of. AND probably isnt in our syllabus.
i'm not sure man hope to be wrong and i heared this equation once but maybe it does not exist :)

Reaction score
Ramosk95 said:
WayneRooney10 said:
that equation, i have never heard of. AND probably isnt in our syllabus.
i'm not sure man hope to be wrong and i heared this equation once but maybe it does not exist :)
And the Rod fits. what did you put??

Reaction score
what did you guys write for the one of boiling water?
Dont remeber the question.. but it had to do with electricity

Reaction score
shorty21 said:
what did you guys write for the one of boiling water?
Dont remeber the question.. but it had to do with electricity
Dont remember any question like that. U probably did another variant

Reaction score
I think the rod didn't fit. Because they said *completely* in the box.. which probably means it must touch the floor? Am not sure tho. That's why i wrote No, because the hypotenuse of the triangle in the lower base is less than the length of the bar which would be 2.95m.

Reaction score
IGCSEdude said:
I think the rod didn't fit. Because they said *completely* in the box.. which probably means it must touch the floor? Am not sure tho. That's why i wrote No, because the hypotenuse of the triangle in the lower base is less than the length of the bar which would be 2.95m.
I said it would fit diagonally. Diagonal was 3.02m. more than the rods length

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
burndtjamb said:
The thing with the barometer question is that liquid pressure is affected by 3 things only: density of the liquid, gravitational acceleration, and the depth of the liquid.

Both X and Y were at the same depth, and since the density of mercury and gravitational acceleration is constant the pressure at points X and Y should be equal.

Y was deeper

I object, the mercury level at the sides of the barometer was higher but it doesn't make a difference when you are calculating liquid pressure at Y, which was directly below the column of mercury. The heights of the columns were the same, therefore the pressure at X and Y will be equal.

Reaction score
Ok guys amout the barometer, the pressure at X is less than at Y because at X the height of the mercury above it in the beaker is small This means at X=atmospheric pressure + small pressure due to less mercury above it. While at X height in the beaker above Y is grater this means at Y=atmosphere pressure + pressure exerted by the mercury above it with more height. After all the pressure means what is above the point.

Reaction score
PUSHPAK1321 said:
Ok guys amout the barometer, the pressure at X is less than at Y because at X the height of the mercury above it in the beaker is small This means at X=atmospheric pressure + small pressure due to less mercury above it. While at X height in the beaker above Y is grater this means at Y=atmosphere pressure + pressure exerted by the mercury above it with more height. After all the pressure means what is above the point.
FINALLY someone gets me... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reaction score
hey guys Im new here :) , math exam was so easy except for the last question which was to find a and b, & in physics I made little mistakes like in the lamps, barometer, and step-down questions.

My answers were:

1-Barometer Question: Pressure at X & Y are equal.
2-Step-down transformer: I chose the coils at the left :(
3-Lamps Question: ON,OFF,ON

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
hey guys Im new here :) , math exam was so easy except for the last question which was to find a and b, & in physics I made little mistakes like in the lamps, barometer, and step-down questions.

My answers were:

1-Barometer Question: Pressure at X & Y are equal.
2-Step-down transformer: I chose the coils at the left :(
3-Lamps Question: ON,OFF,ON

1- Wrong.
2- Wrong
3- Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.