• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 1 - Discussion

Reaction score
what were the starting values for X and y?

i think i made a mistake on the diagram below but i also got 6 days as the answer:

53684774.png

Reaction score
mimmi said:
what were the starting values for X and y?

i think i made a mistake on the diagram below but i also got 6 days as the answer:

53684774.png

thanks mimmi i did small careless mistake altough my concept was right :)
by the just lost 1 mark other wise paper was easy :D

i set up the day 2 as day 1 :(

Reaction score
jazzangel16 said:
Guys.. What about the alarm question? What will happen when the switch is open?

well, the electromagnet switches off and so the iron thingy falls, and the bell starts ringing

Reaction score
whats the answer for the resistance question that involves three resistors in parallel and three in series?

i might have lost a mark for that as i randomly picked the answer! the other question i lost a mark was that magnet electron question above!

i hould have revised :'(

Reaction score
jazzangel16 said:
How will they deflect into the page??

USE FLEMMING LEFT HAND RULE
we have to take the direction of middle finger opposite to the flow of electrons , this was the basic thing :)

Reaction score
mimmi said:
whats the answer for the resistance question that involves three resistors in parallel and three in series?

i might have lost a mark for that as i randomly picked the answer! the other question i lost a mark was that magnet electron question above!

i hould have revised :'(

when the three identical resisters where in series the total resistance was 6 ohms
means every fixed resister has a value of 2 ohms !

then when they were in parrallel we can use formula

1/ R = 1 / R1 + 1 /R2 + 1/R3

1/R = 1/2 +1/2 + 1/2
1/R = 3/2
R=2/3 ohms

(B) was the answer

Reaction score
for the question about thermal expansion what did you choose? i said that the resistance decreases. And also what was the answer for the question about stability?

Reaction score
i answered when the air goes up when something is lit for thermal expansion. Stability is base area and centre of mass right?

Reaction score
carolinetcw said:
i answered when the air goes up when something is lit for thermal expansion. Stability is base area and centre of mass right?
Yeah I also selected that air is raising above a bunsen flame (option D) but some of my friends said that option B, about some pressure increasing was correct. Can u Help?
And Yes Stability depends on centre of mass and base area! that paper was insha allah very easy. :D

Reaction score
Re: Physics MCQ (Paper 1) Discussion

Prince III said:
a peice of cake for me :)
Questions were tricky guys that's so true but i manged to gave correct answers :)
i did the paper within 30 min and spent the rest time in re-checking and just got stuck in one question :)
What is the question did u get stuck?

Reaction score
basch said:
for the question about thermal expansion what did you choose? i said that the resistance decreases. And also what was the answer for the question about stability?

No, the answer I'd that the pressure exerted in a gas container would increase when its inserted in boiling water

Reaction score
Humaid said:
carolinetcw said:
Yeah I also selected that air is raising above a bunsen flame (option D) but some of my friends said that option B, about some pressure increasing was correct. Can u Help?
And Yes Stability depends on centre of mass and base area! that paper was insha allah very easy. :D

the pressure. when the container is being put into a hot water bath , the gas molecules gain energy and move faster hence pressure increases. it has got nothing to do with thermal expansion.

option D was right because when the air is hot , the spaces between molecules increase due to expansion. so volume increases , density decreases. low density means air will rise.. i think.

Reaction score
carolinetcw said:
Humaid said:
carolinetcw said:

the pressure. when the container is being put into a hot water bath , the gas molecules gain energy and move faster hence pressure increases. it has got nothing to do with thermal expansion.

option D was right because when the air is hot , the spaces between molecules increase due to expansion. so volume increases , density decreases. low density means air will rise.. i think.

no, gases expand when heated! B is the correct answer! what your talking about is convection! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion

Reaction score
when the wire expands,its cross-sectional area increases.we all know that resistance is inversely proportional to the cross-sectional area. therefore as its volume increases,its resistance decreases

Reaction score
Re: Physics MCQ (Paper 1) Discussion

Humaid said:
Prince III said:
a peice of cake for me :)
Questions were tricky guys that's so true but i manged to gave correct answers :)
i did the paper within 30 min and spent the rest time in re-checking and just got stuck in one question :)
What is the question did u get stuck?

the one on thermal expansion :)