• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 1 Help!

Reaction score
Hy.
The cathode is heated to emit the electrons,the anode attracts them(as they are negatively charged and the anode is positive)
and so accelerates them.

Reaction score
Hy.
The cathode is heated to emit the electrons,the anode attracts them(as they are negatively charged and the anode is positive)
and so accelerates them.

Ah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh :ROFLMAO: dude thank you sooooooo soooooooo much!!!!!!!!! i just realised how retarded i am, forgot that there is thermionic emission in a cathode ray tube :X3:
You're the best, man :love:

Reaction score
can any body explain for me the thermal capacity questions :(

If an object has a lot of thermal capacity it means it can store a lot of energy and so it needs a lot of energy to raise its temperature by 1 degree.
If an object has a low thermal capacity, it heats up quickly (the opposite of above).

Reaction score
But the answer in the marking scheme is B
oh yesss im sorry.. let me think.. when water particles become warmer.. they gain energy and hit the other water particles more often.. so the water level rises..