• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 12 How was it

Reaction score
Yea i looked at my friend's papers and they got around 10+-4 wrong... so threshold cant be that high.

Reaction score
okayy so guys what was the final answer of the ladder one D or B?

well ice was frictionless, so R was always vertical in direction... but the wall was rough... when the ___ was sliding down, the frictional force would be in upward direction while the reaction force was in horizontal plane... so their resultant was in direction at an angle 45 to the horizontal.. which was B.. cut my head if gets wrong:p

Reaction score
what about the displacement time graph from velocity time graph........was it A or D

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I wrote B or D for the ladder one. I think I wrote B. :p And the displacement-time graph was A, because the velocity-time graph was a +ve sine wave. Since velocity = rate of change of displacement, it means the displacement-time graph had to be a -ve cos wave which was only in A.

I can't believe people are still discussing the paper. Enjoy your holidays. :p

Reaction score
well ice was frictionless, so R was always vertical in direction... but the wall was rough... when the ___ was sliding down, the frictional force would be in upward direction while the reaction force was in horizontal plane... so their resultant was in direction at an angle 45 to the horizontal.. which was B.. cut my head if gets wrong:p
It isn't B infact it was A..look at all the past papers from 2002...in one paper they asked about finding torque on ladder which was placed on frictionless surface..and they also gave a diagram in which both the forces were straight lines..

Reaction score
It isn't B infact it was A..look at all the past papers from 2002...in one paper they asked about finding torque on ladder which was placed on frictionless surface..and they also gave a diagram in which both the forces were straight lines..

For that ladder one?

Reaction score

wait for the ms to come mate... i wish to live till that day...:) i have not solved any pastpaper question like that before i believe in my physics...