• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 12.

Reaction score
Over all i expect above 30.
Question

1 - The double deck bus question. Ans i gave was that the center of mass will change

2 - barometer, ans to measuere liquid pressure

3 - that induced magnet one. - NOrth. and attract.

Reaction score
double decker was that it would cause the bus to become unstable, repeated from past papers,
barometer to measure atmospheric pressure

Reaction score
double decker was that it would cause the bus to become unstable, repeated from past papers,
barometer to measure atmospheric pressure
I hate my life. I did that past paper, i think it was 2009 O/N. but i didnt check the answer. And that barometer was just dumb of me.

Reaction score
does anybody remmember the question that was about the frequencies which can/cannot be heard by human beings? i think ive read the values in a wrong way, am so worried abt that, does any1 remmember the ans for that? was it no no no?
and is steel *which forms a permanent magnet* hard or soft? what was the answer for the converging lens question? is it infrared which is above the reb and blue lights?

Reaction score
The frequency question, the correct answer was No No No, Option A. Steel forms a permanent magnet b/c its a hard magnetic material. Infrared above Red light, Ultraviolet below Violet.

Reaction score
How much was the current for the fuse? 10 A or 13 A?
About the relay definition, what was the final answer?
The question about water evaporation, is the answer the molecules with the highest energy and something decreases?
Oh aaaand about the hot water in 20 degrees room after 10 min, what happens?

I heard some people say that you need to get 34/40 to get the highest score for this mc (which is either an A or a C)? So the max mistake you can make is 6? How true is that?

Reaction score
Over all i expect above 30.
Question

1 - The double deck bus question. Ans i gave was that the center of mass will change

2 - barometer, ans to measuere liquid pressure

3 - that induced magnet one. - NOrth. and attract.

1 - was wrong it was A i did it in a past paper
2- barmeters measure atm pressure
3- right

Reaction score
I chose 13 A for the fuse one, but I'm not sure whether it's right or not...
for the relay: it was a small current used to draw a larger current for the motor
Yea, for the water evaporation, highest energy particles leave and average speed of molecules decreases
For the hot water one, I don't remember the options, but I think i chose B for that!
It actually depends on the grade thresholds which change every year according to how well all the candidates do! So maybe if people don't do well in this exam, to get an A you might just need to get a 30 or something, but it all depends! :)
Hi, I want to ask u wat u chose for the pendulum one...I chose strain energy

Reaction score
does anybody remmember the question that was about the frequencies which can/cannot be heard by human beings?
Well....humans can only detect frequencies of 20Hz to 20KHz.

the wood side was the least and the point just above the heat source on wood was the most heated, that's what i chose!
No, you were right. The hottest point was the wood one closest to the flame because wood is a bad conductor of heat. The question said "After 1 minute, which is the hottest and coldest area?" or something. So after one minute the copper would have cooled down already but not the wood. Heck, the wood may have even caught fire and become hot :LOL:

Reaction score
That's what my logic was as well, but apparently, some of my friends had done the question already in past papers and they say the wood would catch fire therefore, it was the point directly above the fire on the copper! So i really dont know what the right answer is! :S
Which would be hotter, the wood that's on fire, or the copper that's taking heat FROM the fire? *If* the wood caught fire, hypothetically, then the copper could only take heat from it, and since heat goes from a hot material to a colder (relatively) one the copper *should* be colder than the wood, or the same -- it cannot become any hotter than the wood since the wood would then receive heat from the copper, no matter how bad a conductor it is ;)

Reaction score

No, you were right. The hottest point was the wood one closest to the flame because wood is a bad conductor of heat. The question said "After 1 minute, which is the hottest and coldest area?" or something. So after one minute the copper would have cooled down already but not the wood. Heck, the wood may have even caught fire and become hot :LOL:
u guys did which variant??

Reaction score
Which would be hotter, the wood that's on fire, or the copper that's taking heat FROM the fire? *If* the wood caught fire, hypothetically, then the copper could only take heat from it, and since heat goes from a hot material to a colder (relatively) one the copper *should* be colder than the wood, or the same -- it cannot become any hotter than the wood since the wood would then receive heat from the copper, no matter how bad a conductor it is ;)

why would the wood be on fire?

Reaction score
the wood side was the least and the point just above the heat source on wood was the most heated, that's what i chose!
But most of the ppl say it was the point just above the heat source on the copper which got the most heated... :/
I think you are absolutely correct, b/c the heat absorbed by copper gets conducted forward in the copper, however, th hea provided to wood doesnt get conducted, hence accumulates in that region causing it to be the hottest.

Reaction score

actually if i'm right they said it was heated for 1 minute. not let to cool for 1 minute.