• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 33 messed up real bad

Reaction score
Guys two of my x values yielded the same y value leading to two extremely anomalous points. I didn't include those in my line of best fit, but I need some cheering up:(
I checked their respective readings over and over again: the calculated values wouldn't change:(
Really sad:(

Reaction score
Guys two of my x values yielded the same y value leading to two extremely anomalous points. I didn't include those in my line of best fit, but I need some cheering up:(
I checked their respective readings over and over again: the calculated values wouldn't change:(
What was your gradient? I got -3 which is apperantly wrong.

Reaction score
Got my gradient negative 3.8..... And my Y intercept was 10.23 is that correct? Teacher said the gradient is something between 0.02 and 0.03

Reaction score
what you people wrote in the part in which we have to make a comparison between two values of k...what was your percentage error..did you approve the relation? the paper really was difficult..mainly the graph i don't know why i'd much problem in practicals..:( what is the threshold gonna be for this paper??

Reaction score
what you people wrote in the part in which we have to make a comparison between two values of k...what was your percentage error..did you approve the relation? the paper really was difficult..mainly the graph i don't know why i'd much problem in practicals..:( what is the threshold gonna be for this paper??
my k values wer almost da same so my % error was 2.3%... so da relationship proved ryt for me... evn i didnt like da graph qustion it was horrible..

Reaction score
35% error :(..gradint also wrng n so is ma y intrcpt!!

Reaction score
well, first of all, a value of gradient is NOT fixed so stop worrying....in phy practicals u mainly get marks for small details, like the number of significant figures used, graph plotted,line of best fit and mostly, the WAY u solved the paper. In mark schemes as well u'll notice that they rarely, if ever, give the values for gradient. Dunno what everyone here is stressing about (y)

btw, my relation did not hold true

Reaction score
i got a negative gradient which was -0.12 and intercept which was 1.0 but every 1 else they got +ve gradient :(

Reaction score
And just like that everyone forgot the purpose of the thread...
Thanks guys, you're the best!

Reaction score
Line of best fit doesn't include all the points any way :p
Secondly u can get ecf...for ur line and gradient and everything that follows...relax it shud be fine (Y)

Reaction score
Line of best fit doesn't include all the points any way :p
Secondly u can get ecf...for ur line and gradient and everything that follows...relax it shud be fine (Y)
Thanks dude, that helps.
By the way I think you misunderstood something: I could only consider three points, and so I included them only.