• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 33 messed up real bad

Reaction score
Thanks dude, that helps.
By the way I think you misunderstood something: I could only consider three points, and so I included them only.
Consider 3 points for the line? None of my points were on the line. :p line of best fit is one that follows the trend and has the same number of points above and below the line.... Idk

Reaction score
Consider 3 points for the line? None of my points were on the line. :p line of best fit is one that follows the trend and has the same number of points above and below the line.... Idk
You still don't understand. I could only consider three point because the other two were half way across the whole grid!

Reaction score
You still don't understand. I could only consider three point because the other two were half way across the whole grid!
LOOOOL that's actually kinda funny...ecf ftw...what was ur gradient though? Mine was 0.0119 (calculations in kg and m) And it's happened now so just laugh at it and let it be :p

Reaction score
for the second experiment, I put decimal places for readings of temperature...kinda screwed that up!!!!!!

Reaction score
gradient = 0.019 thats 0.02
intercept = 6.4^-4 thats correct too

error in heat question is 14%
(REMEMBER THE % diff SHOULD be LESS than 10% to prove) NOT 20% ok

Reaction score
Same here. So I just discarded my points and wrote them according to the line. :D
Thank God somebody else had that too!:D
gradient = 0.019 thats 0.02
intercept = 6.4^-4 thats correct too

error in heat question is 14%
(REMEMBER THE % diff SHOULD be LESS than 10% to prove) NOT 20% ok
I think you're a bit mistaken about that 20% thing.
The examiner reports state specifically that 'the limit is to be decided by the candidate'
Any sensible limit such as 20% or 10% would do.
Personally I chose the 20% mark considering the fact that this experiment was extremely unreliable i.e the causes of error were very dire indeed.
But 10% would do just fine, if that is what you stated.

Reaction score
LOOOOL that's actually kinda funny...ecf ftw...what was ur gradient though? Mine was 0.0119 (calculations in kg and m) And it's happened now so just laugh at it and let it be :p
Gradient was 0.125 with calculations in metres and grams