• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS PAPER 4 (ATP) DISSCUSSION

Reaction score
guys please tell me
was this question about stopwatch or wallclock askhed in the first question on oscillations or in the second question on the water heating question?

if this question was on oscillations then the answer was stopwatch if on water heating then the answer would be Wall clock

Reaction score
Prince III said:
guys please tell me
was this question about stopwatch or wallclock askhed in the first question on oscillations or in the second question on the water heating question?

if this question was on oscillations then the answer was stopwatch if on water heating then the answer would be Wall clock

are you SURE about that?
the question was asked in the heater question

Reaction score
Depletion said:
Shiki Misaki said:
A stopwatch since the readings are more accurate and no human reaction time error can occur compared to the clock.

Edit>> How about your answer?

heyyyy...
for the stopwatch and the wallclock...!!
i guess its the wallclock...
because it is said that the stopwatch can only measure 0.01s and the experiment require 1 min...
the stopwatch can only measure 9s??? :p :p :p :p

plz disscusss abt that question !!!???

it was meant that the stopwatch can measure to an accuracy of 0.01s....how can a stopwatch measure only 0.01s...be practical guys...

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
I've lost a total of one and a half mark in this paper. :cry:

I, who was thinking of getting atleast a distinction in this subject. I should at any cost make no silly mistake in the forthcoming paper 1. Pfff...
err...i dnt think we have half mark in this paper..either u get full mark or u lose all........

Reaction score
kooky said:
Depletion said:
Shiki Misaki said:
A stopwatch since the readings are more accurate and no human reaction time error can occur compared to the clock.

Edit>> How about your answer?

heyyyy...
for the stopwatch and the wallclock...!!
i guess its the wallclock...
because it is said that the stopwatch can only measure 0.01s and the experiment require 1 min...
the stopwatch can only measure 9s??? :p :p :p :p

plz disscusss abt that question !!!???

it was meant that the stopwatch can measure to an accuracy of 0.01s....how can a stopwatch measure only 0.01s...be practical guys...
the question itself says so.!!!>>
wat can we do?!:()(()()() :oops: :oops:

Reaction score
Pals_1010 said:
yeah i think so as well. It was in the heater question
yeps its was in the heater question..im very sure abt that!!>>>it says the student has to measure the temp of the water each min for 30 min...

Reaction score
Prince III said:
yes as this was of " suggest " there would be many logical answers accepted :)

usama firstly was it mentioned on the question that on the diagram it is room temperatue , if yes then your answer is correct
depletion answers seem's to be correct :)

i wrote that the temperature of water and the temperature of heater becomes equal at 60'C (they both were in thermal equlibrium)
yeah buddy....

above the digram it was written THE DIAGRAM SHOWS THE ARRANGEMENT AT ROOM TEMPERATURE :)

Reaction score
Depletion said:
Pals_1010 said:
yeah i think so as well. It was in the heater question
yeps its was in the heater question..im very sure abt that!!>>>it says the student has to measure the temp of the water each min for 30 min...

I'm gonna check that on Tuesday in the physics paper. :? :|

Reaction score
kooky said:
Shiki Misaki said:

I, who was thinking of getting atleast a distinction in this subject. I should at any cost make no silly mistake in the forthcoming paper 1. Pfff...
err...i dnt think we have half mark in this paper..either u get full mark or u lose all........

Gotta confirm this. :p

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
kooky said:
Shiki Misaki said:

Gotta confirm this. :p

yes its comfirmed...
hald marks are not given...
either full or nothin!!!
:| :| :| :|

Reaction score
if a question have ony 1 mark then you cant get 0.5 marks

if question have lets say 4 marks
you can get 1,2,3,4 marks :)

Reaction score
It was so easy >_<

This ain't fair. So far all my answers seem to be correct

Reaction score
It depends on the examiner now. For some of the 1 mark questions, I've written to 1-2 sentences in which 1 is surely relevant. Now dunno... :S

Reaction score
rose1700 said:
for me it was little tough !
It was really tough....did 1994 papers onwards and not a single question came up !
i think i'll lose most marks in this paper....
:(