• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 5 tips

Reaction score
i mean how to find out the uncertainity of Xc pls explain :3
Remember those AS fractional uncertainty things !
for the first row
Xc = 5.0/(15*10^-3) =330

Now error part.
deltaXc/Xc = (delta I/ I ) + (delta V /V)
deltaXc/Xc = (0.2/15) + (0.2/5)
delata Xc/Xc =4/75
deltaXc = 4/75 * 330

Now i hope u can work out the rest this way.

Reaction score
Remember those AS fractional uncertainty things !
for the first row
Xc = 5.0/(15*10^-3) =330

Now error part.
deltaXc/Xc = (delta I/ I ) + (delta V /V)
deltaXc/Xc = (0.2/15) + (0.2/5)
delata Xc/Xc =4/75
deltaXc = 4/75 * 330

Now i hope u can work out the rest this way.
ohh thankyou :D

Reaction score
Kopite is actually another name for Liverpool faithfuls :p :D
ooh nice . good to meet you too :D. i dont mind liverpool much i actually like it and admire its players but the fans -_- one of them before the slip against chelsea "gerrard my hero " "oo best team" and after the slip "pg30 words" :/

Reaction score
ooh nice . good to meet you too :D. i dont mind liverpool much i actually like it and admire its players but the fans -_- one of them before the slip against chelsea "gerrard my hero " "oo best team" and after the slip "pg30 words" :/
Yeah thats the main problem with all teams who go on a great run of games and glory hunters jump on the bandwagon and start supporting its them that behave this way no other real fans (who support through thick and thin do that) .By the way going off topic .

Reaction score
Hey guys...whats the purpose of signal generator and oscilloscope?

Signal generator used to produce currents of different frequency and these currents are alternating. You can vary the selector and get an alternating current of different frequency.

Oscilloscope (CRO) is normally used to measure Voltages,time periods,frequency and sometimes amplitudes of waves.

Reaction score

You only differentiate true faithfuls from those plastic fans when your team goes in turmoil. United got to know how many plastic fans they had when they flew the plane over Old Trafford! Kopites didnt do that when we had Roy and Kenny(we were shittier than United then :p)

PS: Hope you are not a United Fan :D

Reaction score
Yeah thats the main problem with all teams who go on a great run of games and glory hunters jump on the bandwagon and start supporting its them that behave this way no other real fans (who support through thick and thin do that) .By the way going off topic .

Agreed! Lets save it after we are done with CIEs.

Btw Thanks (Y) Really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
You only differentiate true faithfuls from those plastic fans when your team goes in turmoil. United got to know how many plastic fans they had when they flew the plane over Old Trafford! Kopites didnt do that when we had Roy and Kenny(we were shittier than United then :p)

PS: Hope you are not a United Fan :D
too late :p ahan i got to know this year as well. nahi non plastic fans aswell . i posted a staus about liverpool a decent one . and then the storm began and chelsea won that match you should have seen the comments XD

Reaction score

Use an iron retort stand and clamp like a wooden platform to it on the platform put a spring used to release the ball and now just increase the height of the platform by varying the height of the clamp or whatever that thing is just remember those retort stands from AS P3 papers and how u moved them u use that mechanism to vary p and use metre rule to measure with set square !

Reaction score
no in some cases light gates are neccesary :/
Yousif Mukkhtar

Heres what i got to know abt the light gates.
Light gates are connected to a data logger and when something passes in between the light detector and light source and blocks light reaching detector a timer in data logger starts and does not stop until light gate is no longer blocked. So u have the time for the object to pass through the light gate. Now u may use it to get speed only if its constant like terminal speed by dividing the length of the object divided by this time. I dont know how useful it is but thats all i can find.
For measuring periods i dont think its possible to do that with this.