• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 6

Reaction score
I noticed there was no discussion for this paper and its due in two days
so, if there is anyone who would like to share information, knowledge, notes, etc...

It would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
As far as physics paper 6 is concerned to me, it is the most easiest paper out of all the 3. i usually get 35+ which is an A*.
You just have to read carefully and read off measurements precisely. Formulas are given and therefore calculations are easy.
There is always a graph question. :)

Reaction score
respect1 said:
As far as physics paper 6 is concerned to me, it is the most easiest paper out of all the 3. i usually get 35+ which is an A*.
You just have to read carefully and read off measurements precisely. Formulas are given and therefore calculations are easy.

I got a question ... I already saw so many people writing their grades for specified paper , like someone writes A for paper 1 or A* for paper 6 , and I'm now wondering how they give us a grade ?! By calculating all the percentage we get from THREE papers or they give us average grade , for example I get A in paper 1 , B in paper 3 and C in paper 6 so I get B as a final mark ??? Explain please

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
respect1 said:

I got a question ... I already saw so many people writing their grades for specified paper , like someone writes A for paper 1 or A* for paper 6 , and I'm now wondering how they give us a grade ?! By calculating all the percentage we get from THREE papers or they give us average grade , for example I get A in paper 1 , B in paper 3 and C in paper 6 so I get B as a final mark ??? Explain please

Well, they calculate your grade by calculating a weighted mark. There are a set of boundaries which are the same every year, which is the weighted mark. The mark on a paper changes.
So say I got 32/40, on a paper 1 which was the lowest grade for an A that year. I would get a weighting of 80, which is the equivalent of an A. The more you get right, the higher the weighting and thus the higher your grade.

I don't know if what I said is correct, but it's the way somebody explained on Yahoo answers, so I thought I would share it.

mshaheen95 said:
thanks i'll take that into consideration :)

Could you explain to me question 1. d)
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 8_qp_6.pdf
please

As it can no be completely submerged, the value of e2 would be greater, as the beaker can not go as far up as it could before. In the question it says he raised the beaker to the load in order to measure s2, but because the length is now greater, the beaker will be lower, meaning the length will be a bigger number, making e2 higher.. Quite a confusing question D:

Due to this p will also be greater, as the value of the denominator decreased, which increases it's overall value.

Reaction score
mshaheen95 said:
thank u xIshtar it really is confusing but i think i get it now :D

No problem, if you have any more questions I'll do my best to help :)

Reaction score
Lyfroker said:
can any1 help me wid the precautions and improvements ?

Always remember:

Parallax errors - Avoid by reading at 90 degrees to the measuring instrument.
Repeats and take an average.

The other precautions and improvements depend on the example, but those two are always applicable if explained correctly.