• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper..

Reaction score
I wrote something related Trignometry on that question that, you've first have to measure the distance between the image point and the point on which line S was meeting the white card...... then measure the angle of the image point on the white card then use the tan of the given values :%)

Line S = Focal lenght... thats what I wrote :D

Reaction score
Focal length it was!!! :Yahoo!:
For the part about how to determine it accurately i wrote that one cud use a set square as a fiducial aid to avoid parallax error with the help of a diagram. I wrote that for an accurate value of s the dist between the lens and the screen shud be such that the image formed is the sharpest. Hope to get atleast 2 marks for my ans....

Reaction score
unfortunatediva said:
i wrote focal length..n underdog1234 i wrote bout ruler n parallax error too..plus drew a diagram..
that shud gain 2 marks but for the last mark um not sure :S
i wrote that different light sources shud b used to obtain an average for focal length
n the lens shud b perfectly horizontal during experiment..does that make sense ?

I also wrote focal length and explained the same thing ( except for parallex error) + drew a diagram of metre rule, parallel rays, lense and white card....
but my metre rule was not drawn to scale.... would I get full marks ??
and in the second last part I mentioned two things:
-other factors should be same for both, and
-same type of thermometer should be used........ CORRECT ??