• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper1: the discussion.

Reaction score
Exam was a little tricky

The candle Question > I made it B and other say D

Anode +ve , cathode HOT

Steel will only remain ( THE MAGNET QUESTION )

Wax > Thermal ENERGY is given out

And i remember the last three was B

Reaction score
these are the right answer
electric shock not fire
positive and hot
the barometer question h increase cuz greater expansivity
wax is solid
battery chemical and matches chemical
the arrow upward
steel magnitised
these are for the 1st varient

Reaction score
wolf said:
yes i wrote C too since the change from liquid to gas is exothermic therefore the energy was given out ,chemistry helped a little bit=))) Anyways good luck on your exams tommorrow, hope you will do well:))

* Endothermic = Takes in Energy , like Liquid to Gas
* Exothermic = Gives out energy , like Liquid to Solid

Zeinow said:
electric shock 100% how a bare wire causes a fire?!?!
If it is a high resistance one , it could , but who would use a high resistance cable in houses , he must be a whacko!

A.W.H said:
Exam was a little tricky

The candle Question > I made it B and other say D

Anode +ve , cathode HOT

Steel will only remain ( THE MAGNET QUESTION )

Wax > Thermal ENERGY is given out

And i remember the last three was B

Wait ... it said Anode's charge and temperature of cathode? or both were for anode?!!! D=

Reaction score
wolf said:
As far as i remember for anode question i've put "positive" charge for anode and "cold" for cathode ,and for candle question i guess arrow was going upwards since hot air always goes up due to its low mass compared to a cold air.

The anode is positive but the cathode has to be hot (The anode is cold ) and for the candle question it will go down first,get heated and decrease in density thus rise FROM THE OTHER SIDE so the answer for that question was the downwards arrow

I am very sure of this

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
yes it was anodes charge and cathodes temperature!
:| , I revised around 2 times and I didn't notice this at all , made it a Cool anode

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
it happens it happened with me in paper 2 maths
lets leave it there must be something better in that GOD(as defined in ur signature) knows better

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
it happens it happened with me in paper 2 maths
lets leave it there must be something better in that GOD(as defined in ur signature) knows better

All praise be to 'Allah' , Alhamdulillah :) this fulfils the meaning better than my signature , Everything is meant to be good , ¬¬ Though I am burnt for not noticing , Arff~!

Jazaak(i) Allahu Khairan :)

Reaction score
abdallah said:
electric shock not fire
positive and hot
wax is solid
the arrow upward
steel magnitised

lool same my answers wallah innak btifham :p ma3ada for steel magnitised good luck in paper 3 :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well I would say that the paper was easy with the exception to 2-3 questions!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
let me tell u everybody that the answer for the candle question in first variant is the arrow downwards,this is what i can conclude after seeing a similar example in my book,so i can say i am 99.9% sure.Alhumdulilah i got it correct!

Reaction score
Yes about the candle it is D.

About the cable it is fire, because an electric shock only happens to humans, he didn't ask what is the greatest hazard on the citizens of the house, an electric shock won't happen to the atmosphere!

Reaction score
abdallah said:
electric shock not fire
positive and hot
wax is solid
the arrow upward
steel magnitised

Wax isn't completely solid, because it was melting, so some is solid and some is liquid.

Batter chemican and BOX of matches internal, the question didn't ask about A match itself, it asked about the box of matches, which contains matches which are partly made of wood, and contains air between the matches, so it can't be chemical.

The arrow is downwards, it doesn't require much thinking, it asked how will the convection current be completed, smoke from the candle will rise, and the more dense smoke from the smoke taper will replace it.

Reaction score
Ahmedattia24 said:
Batter chemican and BOX of matches internal, the question didn't ask about A match itself, it asked about the box of matches, which contains matches which are partly made of wood, and contains air between the matches, so it can't be chemical.

Actually they are both chemical, the matches have chemical energy stored in their phosphorous ends, the ones that when you strike will light the match up

Reaction score
i sed that the cathode was hot and the anode was positive...i figured that the electrons are emitted only if the cathode is hot...sooo..... ?