• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper1: the discussion.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
larina said:
and what abt the planet Q one??
i did (A) ....mass=40 and weight=200
i dont remember the ans. but u had to apply the knowledge that mass is always constant so Q had same mass as P but different weight!!

Reaction score
What about the resultant forces question!?

The one where they ask which is true for a moving object?

Overall it was a good paper!

Reaction score
LoayTYS said:
Ahmedattia24 said:
Batter chemican and BOX of matches internal, the question didn't ask about A match itself, it asked about the box of matches, which contains matches which are partly made of wood, and contains air between the matches, so it can't be chemical.

Actually they are both chemical, the matches have chemical energy stored in their phosphorous ends, the ones that when you strike will light the match up

I already stated before, the question asked about the box of matches not one match! If one match then you are right, but a box of matches contains matches, partly made of wood, phosphorus ends, air between the matches. Air and wood seem to contain chemical energy to you?

Reaction score
I think you are thinking too deeply in something that is very obvious,I firmly agree that air and wood do not contain chemical energy but do they contain thermal energy? and moreover according to what you are assuming here then this should apply to one match stick because one stick does contain wood,so finally we can come to the obvious conclusion that they mean the phosphorous ends.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yes,of course ,we r chemistry students and i dont think when they are asking abt the energy we need to consider the wood , air... afterall w say that chemicalenergy is stored in a battery but do u then say no coz there is a casing over which does not have energy...an electric hot plate will convert chemical to heat energy but we do not say that only the heating filament converts the energy!! :)

Reaction score
Ahmedat-whatever:

You stated phosphorous ends yourself. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about when you say air and gaps between the matches, ftw man?
PHOSPHOROUS IS A CHEMICAL.