• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Pp:3-Variant 2- Discussing Answers!!

Did you finish the whole paper in time??

• Total voters

Moi

Reaction score
it goes from 51 and halves to become 26 and if u look at graph it goes 2.6 i double checked , and for the bird thing i got anticlockwise
but you have to subtract 14 from 52, because the graph doesn't go all the way down... to the very bottom

Moi

Reaction score
but you have to deduct background radiation which was 14
making your inital count 52-14= 38

divide that by 2 = 19
add background radiation again 19+14= 33
now find how long it took to reduce to 33 counts
should be 1.6 I guess

but I wouldnt know, i forgot to add back the background radiation. but it will not exceed 2.5 days I guess, there's always a range.

That's what i did and that's what i got..... 1.6 days :D

Moi

Reaction score
If you have to add the background radiation again (at the end) so there is no need of reducing it in the starting, right ?
you'll subtract the background radiation so you'll know the REAL count for the REAL Radition...without background, so it's 19. But when you draw, since you have background radiation, you'll have to add it so the graph will be corret!

Reaction score
but you have to deduct background radiation which was 14
making your inital count 52-14= 38

divide that by 2 = 19
add background radiation again 19+14= 33
now find how long it took to reduce to 33 counts
should be 1.6 I guess

but I wouldnt know, i forgot to add back the background radiation. but it will not exceed 2.5 days I guess, there's always a range.
oh well i hope i got 2 marks for that one if your right , i think i lost all the magnetism marks (or most of them) and possible some on the electric charge and like 2 on the energy one so ye i hope its an A if boundaries are low , or B if somehow theyre high

Reaction score
How many marks was the bulb question..cause I got the final answer wrong but the working is all there...I left the last question cause I don't have time..everything else seems to be copacetic so I guess 3 + what ever the marks for the bulb question is what I believe I lost

Reaction score
How many marks was the bulb question..cause I got the final answer wrong but the working is all there...I left the last question cause I don't have time..everything else seems to be copacetic so I guess 3 + what ever the marks for the bulb question is what I believe I lost
if all working which leads to 8 or 9 bulbs as an answer , then you get 3
if half the work is done then 2
just for writing the equation 1.

oh well i hope i got 2 marks for that one if your right , i think i lost all the magnetism marks (or most of them) and possible some on the electric charge and like 2 on the energy one so ye i hope its an A if boundaries are low , or B if somehow theyre high
A boundary will be VERY low, so don't worry.
That's what i did and that's what i got..... 1.6 days :D
I'm so stupid! I forgot to add it back.

Reaction score
it's tilting to the right. the right is the lower side, the tail with the weight hanging on it. it's tilting to that side, and there's something heavy on it. surely it will move that way :)
its tilted! the additional moment is no longer applied.

think of it as a see saw with two kids on each side
the kid on the right goes down causing the one on the left to go up

now the kid on the right LEAVES, will the see saw still be in the same clockwise position? no! it will fall back anti clockwise.

that was a VERY bad example but it should get the message accross.

Reaction score
its tilted! the additional moment is no longer applied.

think of it as a see saw with two kids on each side
the kid on the right goes down causing the one on the left to go up

now the kid on the right LEAVES, will the see saw still be in the same clockwise position? no! it will fall back anti clockwise.

that was a VERY bad example but it should get the message accross.
the kid on the right did not leave. it is still hanging alright. the weight is there
AND THERE IS NO KID ON THE LEFT. the kid on the left is at the pivot cause the centre of mass is at the pivot.
and you cant use a see saw.
SEE SAW HAS A GROUND. this doesnt. -_-

Reaction score
The correct refractive index is 1.56 if u didnt get that ur gonna loose lotta marks

and efficiency is 33.6% maybe
also, total force (bird quesition) = 21N
the answer about explain the radio activity was becoz its random and slow process bla bla right?
for the dot and the charge u should draw like 5 arrows inwards right?
Plus... what was the answer for the last question about radioactivity ( why its not enuff precautions etc..)

Reaction score
how do you know that the background radiation is exactly is 14 ?? it varies.. so i dont think making any calculation with the background radiation is valid. all i did was just read from the graph and i got 2.6 days. in any textbook, when they show how to find the half life time, they just read from the graph tho. well i dont know, this is my point of view :unsure:
yeah 14 is the background radiation because the graph levels off in the end at 14, showing that all activity from the radioactive substance is over, what remains is background radiation

and another reason why 2.6 isn't correct is because if u double it, i.e after 5.2 days, the counts per minute should be exactly half of that on 2.6 days, and it was not

Reaction score
The correct refractive index is 1.56 if u didnt get that ur gonna loose lotta marks

and efficiency is 33.6% maybe
also, total force (bird quesition) = 21N
the answer about explain the radio activity was becoz its random and slow process bla bla right?
for the dot and the charge u should draw like 5 arrows inwards right?
Plus... what was the answer for the last question about radioactivity ( why its not enuff precautions etc..)
no .. refractive index was much lower and the efficiency is right i got a similar answer