• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical paper 33

Reaction score
@ Xam,k should not be the same.. However to know if the proposed equation is correct( i.e V=Kl/V), there should be a percentage difference of less or equal to 10%!

Reaction score
yupp the readings were supposed to be in metres in 1st question as time was in seconds.... its a confrmed report
m= -3. something
y-intcpt= 2.60
and units were metres
in second question percentage difference was 2.66% as it was less than 20% so the suggestd equation was wrong...

Reaction score
no, it was correct because the two values of k are different only by a margin of 2.6%... hence, equation is korect!!!

Reaction score
hey yr ans absolutely matches mine..
my gradient was an eact -0.04
and y intercept sumthing like yrs!!!!
phew!!
sum ppl got gradients like 4.9 sumthin
or 0.4
im surprised tht HOW?:S
my a/b value was 68.5 i gues..
wohoiooo
tht means we nailed it!!!
it was quite easy ..haha
i almost broke the stupid voltmeter
the invigilator was extremely helpful but im scared ill prolly lose 2 marks cz i took help in setting the rheostat..
tw K was constant

Reaction score
hassanmakhdoom said:
yupp the readings were supposed to be in metres in 1st question as time was in seconds.... its a confrmed report
m= -3. something
y-intcpt= 2.60
and units were metres
in second question percentage difference was 2.66% as it was less than 20% so the suggestd equation was wrong...

yes you r write tht we usually take meters for second
but we werent finding speed here
and secondly if u notice the questiona ctually did say tht the first x= 5 cm!!! and not meter!! thts the hint
and apart from tht there were no indications for unit so
i took it as cm ofcourse!!

Reaction score
u r completely messing up buddy, ive done at least 30 practical this year, length should always be in SI Unit to when finding the gradient!
Ur gonna lose marks if its not the case!

Reaction score
ok wait...i dun think in the mark scheme they ever say that the units HAVE TO BE in SI units!do they?
and most of the people think did in cm!
btw even if we ddnt convert it to metres......we're prolly gna lose marks no more than 1 or 2,but not for the whole question,cuz the ratio of the gradient wud be the same ryt?

Reaction score
u know there is no need to convert to metres and blue is right i put in cm bcoz in the instruction it said 5cm!! and we're not gonna lose marks!!
it is important to convert in cases where we have to find the value of g for instance!
then no unit was specified and in the last part it asked for APPROPRIATE UNITS!!!so if the unit is good there's no way losing marks!!!
my teacher told that we can use what pleases us,coz if sme1 is not at ease with decimals...
so dont worry jerry!!

Reaction score
and one more.....can someone plz tell if its right to mention the "parallelax error" in the last qs of limitations,cuz i did tht..even other ppl did,however, i THINK its wrong and not to be included in this qs!!
is it right?

Reaction score
parralax 4 wat???
there was a digital ammeter!!analogue voltmeter but...

Reaction score
paralax for obviously using the rule dude!!

is it ryt?

did u write that???

Reaction score
ohh,lol..i forgot..
i put that there was difficulty in measuring the length bcoz wire was not straight!and i put that the wire should be mounted on a metre rule for better accuracy! what do u think?

Reaction score
yea even i wrote that..the difficulty in measuring length,and thats correct,many students wrote this as far as i rmr!
but what my doubt was....is it suitable to include the paralax error?coz i thought thats the error only to be included in the case of measuring height,when your level of reading differs,but since i wasnt getting any other,i just put this one down,incase!!

so guys???anyone can tel if its ryt plx??

Reaction score
i dnt fink paralax error may be considered as a limitation.coz u can place the rule close to the wire..