• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 3b experiment predictions??please share

Reaction score
Is the photoelectric effect, poiseuillie's experiment or the young modulus exp more likely to come- what do u guys think?

Reaction score
NONE is coming _ they are Unit 2 stuff's :p
The internal resistance measurement is also unit-2 stuff, nd it was in the last 2 papers....plus the young modulus exp is unit-1
somebody else plz, whats most likely to come? internal resistance measurement wont come, i tink, becoz it was in the prev two papers.

Reaction score
The internal resistance measurement is also unit-2 stuff, nd it was in the last 2 papers....plus the young modulus exp is unit-1
somebody else plz, whats most likely to come? internal resistance measurement wont come, i tink, becoz it was in the prev two papers.

You know in my opinion study everything and stop predicting ____:)

Reaction score
Ohh ok thanks a lot man btw if he asks about stopping voltage experiment how can we vary the frequency and measure it so we can plot a graph?
There is an experiment to find Planc's constant.
a)You need to assemble a circuit as in a potential divider arrangement and add the anode and the cathode.
b) Addition apparatus: source of light and a filter

c) you need to measure the voltage and the current using a voltmeter and a nanoammeter (of appropriate range and precision.)
d) basically, all you need to do is change the frequency of the source ( the independent variable) by changing the filter(suppose you know the frequency emitted by the light after each filter is placed) in front of the light source and keep finding the stopping voltage (by dragging the slider of the potential divider and record the voltage at which the current just falls to 0)
e) then when you obtained enough results for the frequencies and stopping voltages you need to plot a stopping voltage against frequency graph.

Vs= h/e x F - work function/e
Y= m X + c

The gradient is h/e , the y-intercept is the work function and the x-intercept is the threshold frequency

g) i would say the main source of uncertainty is the fact the current is extremely small causing a high uncertainty, hence meter errors.

h) safety: don't point the light source to the naked eye

Reaction score
There is an experiment to find Planc's constant.
a)You need to assemble a circuit as in a potential divider arrangement and add the anode and the cathode.
b) Addition apparatus: source of light and a filter

c) you need to measure the voltage and the current using a voltmeter and a nanoammeter (of appropriate range and precision.)
d) basically, all you need to do is change the frequency of the source ( the independent variable) by changing the filter(suppose you know the frequency emitted by the light after each filter is placed) in front of the light source and keep finding the stopping voltage (by dragging the slider of the potential divider and record the voltage at which the current just falls to 0)
e) then when you obtained enough results for the frequencies and stopping voltages you need to plot a stopping voltage against frequency graph.

Vs= h/e x F - work function/e
Y= m X + c

The gradient is h/e , the y-intercept is the work function and the x-intercept is the threshold frequency

g) i would say the main source of uncertainty is the fact the current is extremely small causing a high uncertainty, hence meter errors.

h) safety: don't point the light source to the naked eye
yaa i did the same thing but about the safety i think avoid touching hot wires would work but the workfunction we find is negative valued since its -workfunction/e do we take the absolute value?

Reaction score
yaa i did the same thing but about the safety i think avoid touching hot wires would work but the workfunction we find is negative valued since its -workfunction/e do we take the absolute value?
the wires are not gonna be hot, the current will be extremely small.

Reaction score
quick question, i see sometimes a variable resistor added in circuits in the experiment question, how do i know when to add one ? please answer ASAP

Reaction score
quick question, i see sometimes a variable resistor added in circuits in the experiment question, how do i know when to add one ? please answer ASAP
when you want to vary the current of the circuit

Reaction score
umm ppl in may 2012 papr phys 3b qstn 8b.... i dont know where to start the calculation from.....can someone show me the steps in how to do that part?

Reaction score
trolling people is not for lifeless people :) because I have a life _ and I'm sorry you have no sense of humor :p________:p :) why should I be bothered about pulling your legs when you have none xD
What universe is this, aniekan trolling? Wtf?