• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pk.Std/ Islamiat notes??

Reaction score
Hey!!
Is there any1 here who cud suggest that, where will i get O-levels Islamiyat and Pakistan studies learning notes from (In karachi)?
As I'm a private candidate...

Reaction score
i would suggest not to run for notes of islamiyat and pak . studies
just get one or two good books of these subjects
practise pastpapers and marking schemes on loose sheets, learn answering techniques from good teachers and you will score an A / A *

BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
Uxair, Thanks :)
But actually, i was thinking of studying these two subjects by myself (with notes and past papers) so thats y i'm a little worried...
Anyways, cud u plzz suggest me the books too for both the subjects? :)

Reaction score
Islamiyat

Dr.iftakhar's book (or) farkhanda noor book

it is good if you get both of them , but if you just want to pick one of then get Dr.iftakhar's book

Pak. studies

Geography ==> Huma naz sethi 's book
history======> nigel kelly (or) nigel smith both are equally important i think :)

pak. studies can be easily done at home , but for islamiyat i must say get some guidance from a good teacher
like how to atempt a certain question, which question needs quatations/refferneces , how much quatations/reffernces needed etc ..

need more help do let us know :)

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
Islamiyat

Dr.iftakhar's book (or) farkhanda noor book

it is good if you get both of them , but if you just want to pick one of then get Dr.iftakhar's book

Pak. studies

Geography ==> Huma naz sethi 's book
history======> nigel kelly (or) nigel smith both are equally important i think :)

pak. studies can be easily done at home , but for islamiyat i must say get some guidance from a good teacher
like how to atempt a certain question, which question needs quatations/refferneces , how much quatations/reffernces needed etc ..

need more help do let us know :)

Hmm, sure...

Reaction score
and for Geography do buy the classified past papers written by TALAT RIZWI... They are pretty good and has very logical answers something which u will NOT find in Redspot past papers... :)
and it wud be good if u buy both farkhanda and dr.iftikhar for islamiat... :) Good luck!

Reaction score
I have got notes of Ps st nd isl...
Pak st notes are of Junaid akhtar...nd isl i have got of khurrum...
so if u want em...
tell me

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
You can also get pures or solved pastpapers for isl and pak-studies. :)
I strongly advise you not to use solved past papers especially red spots since many of the answers are wrong. Moreover, some of the questions are not what originally came in the O level papers. So they are quite misleading. Use cie's marking schemes and examiner reports as your guide and be regular in your studies. This is what I did and got straight As. You don't need to take tuition for subjects like these. One more thing, practise timed writing.

Reaction score
amazon said:
beacon_of_light said:
You can also get pures or solved pastpapers for isl and pak-studies. :)
I strongly advise you not to use solved past papers especially red spots since many of the answers are wrong. Moreover, some of the questions are not what originally came in the O level papers. So they are quite misleading. Use cie's marking schemes and examiner reports as your guide and be regular in your studies. This is what I did and got straight As. You don't need to take tuition for subjects like these. One more thing, practise timed writing.

well you must keep in mind that it's not compulsory just to cram those answers but just to get an idea how to write an answer. And personally ive seen them and hardly found some wrong answers. And I know of many students consulting these redspot pures and improving their style of writing and presentation !

But still it varies from student to student , how do you use them. A genius and a wise student would ofcourse consult mark schemes and examiner reports along with these redspot series.
@madiha786, do that what is good for you :)

Reaction score
I guess you are right but I wrote my experience. There are always two sides of a picture.

Reaction score
I would suggest you to buy Ayesha Tariq 'Islam in modern perspective'.The best book ever written for O level Islamiat.It is the only book approved by the Cambridge.Dont rely on unauthenticated notes

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
I have got notes of Ps st nd isl...
Pak st notes are of Junaid akhtar...nd isl i have got of khurrum...
so if u want em...
tell me

Hi saad, am a new member and i want these notes for my cousin in lhr but the system wouldnt let me contact you directly. can you tell me plz how can i contact you to get thse notes?

Reaction score
OKAY as far as i have experienced DR IFTIKHAR'S book for islamiat is pretty bad it aint got good and comprehensive knowledge dont know how a big teacher like him make a bad book like that!!! GHLUAM SHABIR'S and FARKHANDA'S noor book is also good but certainly they bth also have many points missing from them so i recomend also to research a bit also rather being so dependent on notes

and as far as Pak studies is concerned for history use both past papers and marking schemes practise so many questions of 1 chapter also make authentic questions urself and WRITING POWER is always necessary for history and GEOGRAPHY u need to get IFTIKHAR'S NOTES from a book shop they cost about 300rs but the are extremly good and authentic rest also read HUMA NAZ SETHI i got A grade in school exams just by going through iftikhar notes for geography i even didnt learn them!!

SO BEST OF LUCK

Reaction score
Hey people dont rely on BOOKS only! go through syllabus and then refer to books...........there may be points in syllabus not in one book ....... so you may need to explore more