• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

plz advice !!

Reaction score
Not really advisable. See, there is a connection between O level add maths and A level add maths. People who took O level add maths would find A level P1 paper easy and thus they only focus on the P4 ( mechanics paper). But if you want to, I mean if this subject is a component of your future career, then go for it. I suggest you consult your 'career' teacher in school and wait for a few more opinions from others. ^^

Reaction score
dont take it. i am currently studying mathematics and with no basic o level add maths. you can already guess, yes i struggled. but i can't really drop this sub now it's near to A level. but im not giving up, i still need to ace this subs cause maths is a component subject for my future career. (eventhough i really hate this subject)

Reaction score
i will strongly suggest you to take math unless or until u want to have a career in medical. it is a very essential subject and required in almost every field. If you want to go for engineering or business then do take it. And that does not matter if u have not took olevel add math, olevel add math would have just gave you a slight advantage of having better grasp of P1.

Reaction score
thanks every1.. but i gave stats in o level so its gonna help me in S1 nd S2 ...my field is related to commerce so i think its gonna be helpful for me to take maths moreover it even has good credits

Reaction score
i will recommend you to take maths. I myself did not take add maths in o levels but i am studying a level mathematics and trust me its not that difficult as people make it appear to you. You just need to practice.its easy if u study hard:)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It's true for Further Maths; if you haven't taken Add Maths in O-level, it is advisable not to go for Further Maths (though, there isn't any compulsion). But it is absolutely not true for A-level Maths.
Go for it.

Reaction score
@hard2face i got an A STAR in maths in o levels and will be appearing for A level in june 2012 i did not give AS level

Reaction score
there is two options
either you take AS first then carry forward for A2 or
take full exam of maths.
for taking grades A*/A.
you may consult 92-333-4382319 in Islamabad.