• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

plz give advice for history paper 2 :(

Reaction score
our teacher is mental and didnt ever taught us how to answer paper 2 history questions
plzzz need advice and suggestions :(

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I'll try and type up some tips for you tomorrow :)

I need to get some sleep for bio paper 6... In the meantime look at the mark schemes and examiners reports for past paper 2's. Which topic are you doing, cold war or the 19th century one?

Reaction score
burndtjamb said:
I'll try and type up some tips for you tomorrow :)

I need to get some sleep for bio paper 6... In the meantime look at the mark schemes and examiners reports for past paper 2's. Which topic are you doing, cold war or the 19th century one?

Thank you!
Imma doing cold war 1945 - 1949
everytime i try to answer a source and check it up in the ms, it seems to be a really different answer. I mean, it seems as applying your knowledge and understanding in the source isn't enough :unknown:

Reaction score
I'm really sorry but I haven't got time to give you any detailed notes :(. Turns out I don't remember as much as I thought I did and I also have two other exams tomorrow.

Just remember to always explain your points and give evidence from the source. If the question says "how far" then remember to always include both agreement and disagreement. Look for the overall message when analysing cartoons (the intentions of the author) as well as the details. You can use both your knowledge and other sources on the paper when evaluating sources for reliability and usefulness.

For question 6), put the sources into two groups: those that agree with the statement, and those that disagree. Write a brief intro followed by writing about each side separately, remembering to reference the sources and to evaluate at least 2 sources for reliability (two bonus marks are available for doing this). At the end write a brief conclusion about whether you think the sources agree or disagree with the statement given.

Overall, just trust your instincts and try not to doubt yourself too much. There is only so much preparation for this paper due to it's source based nature.

Best of luck tomorrow!