• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Possible to improve grade in A2 after AS?

Reaction score
Hello guys! I need some serious help. Seriously. So last night, my first choice university offered me admission based on my predicted grades. These predicted grades were sent out before my results for the november 2014 session came out, which were way lower than I expected. Now, I need to improve my grade from a DD to a CC. Is it possible? And if so, how? [Chemistry and Maths]

My initial predicted was a BBC, but this university allows for a drop, so I NEED to get at least a BCC. [Confirmed from uni]. Please, please help.
I'll buy you chocolate if I get in :p

Reaction score
Hello guys! I need some serious help. Seriously. So last night, my first choice university offered me admission based on my predicted grades. These predicted grades were sent out before my results for the november 2014 session came out, which were way lower than I expected. Now, I need to improve my grade from a DD to a CC. Is it possible? And if so, how? [Chemistry and Maths]

My initial predicted was a BBC, but this university allows for a drop, so I NEED to get at least a BCC. [Confirmed from uni]. Please, please help.
U need to go from a DD to a CC that's not gonna be that difficult because jumping one grade up is not that difficult after all
U are really kidding if u don't know how u can jump a grade the only way is work harder and do a hell lot of past papers

Reaction score
U need to go from a DD to a CC that's not gonna be that difficult because jumping one grade up is not that difficult after all
U are really kidding if u don't know how u can jump a grade the only way is work harder and do a hell lot of past papers
is it easier to jump from a DD to a CC than a B to an A?

Reaction score
is it easier to jump from a DD to a CC than a B to an A?
Jumping from a DD to a CC is easier
To jump to a B u need way much more hardwork
And I think getting an A is next to impossible
I said it is easy compared to the rest but don't think of it as a piece of cake
U still have to work for it

Reaction score
Jumping from a DD to a CC is easier
To jump to a B u need way much more hardwork
And I think getting an A is next to impossible
I said it is easy compared to the rest but don't think of it as a piece of cake
U still have to work for it
Yeah, B to an A would take effort. But on what basis would you say a DD to CC is easier? Just asking. And thank you.

Reaction score
Yeah, B to an A would take effort. But on what basis would you say a DD to CC is easier? Just asking. And thank you.
The difference between grade boundaries is not that much see the thresholds like about 15 to 20 marks and if u do the p2 and p4 good in chemistry u have a goood chance of jumping grade as they have more weightage
I meant it is difficult to jump from a D to a B
B to an A can be achieved same way I mentioned above
Hope u understood

Reaction score
The difference between grade boundaries is not that much see the thresholds like about 15 to 20 marks and if u do the p2 and p4 good in chemistry u have a goood chance of jumping grade as they have more weightage
I meant it is difficult to jump from a D to a B
B to an A can be achieved same way I mentioned above
Hope u understood
Yes, thank you very much. I do understand. Just one thing. As I cant retake the AS exams, and obviously by P4 in chem and P1 in maths was pretty bad, it is ACTUALLY possible to raise a grade from a DD to a BB? I'm assuming you would need 85+ in all modules, right?

Reaction score
Yes, thank you very much. I do understand. Just one thing. As I cant retake the AS exams, and obviously by P4 in chem and P1 in maths was pretty bad, it is ACTUALLY possible to raise a grade from a DD to a BB? I'm assuming you would need 85+ in all modules, right?
I think u meant the P2 in chem bcz P4 is the A2 theory ppr
If u do really well in P3. Maths and P 4 chem I think u can get a B bcz they have a higher weightage
I exactly don't know how many marks u need but u will need to get very high marks

Reaction score
I think u meant the P2 in chem bcz P4 is the A2 theory ppr
If u do really well in P3. Maths and P 4 chem I think u can get a B bcz they have a higher weightage
I exactly don't know how many marks u need but u will need to get very high marks
Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks :)

Reaction score

my Examinationation Officer says you can move from B to A* but with a lot of hard work howere moving from C to an A isnt that easy and he also says the A* comes latter just for us to get our grades better especially with the science subjects as you have paper5 which gives you a lead. Best of luck with your uni :) I remember when you helped me out in my bio practicals.

Reaction score
my Examinationation Officer says you can move from B to A* but with a lot of hard work howere moving from C to an A isnt that easy and he also says the A* comes latter just for us to get our grades better especially with the science subjects as you have paper5 which gives you a lead. Best of luck with your uni :) I remember when you helped me out in my bio practicals.
In my case, I need to move upwards from a double D. How difficult is it to do so? And yeah, Bio and chem practicals was probably the one thing I was good at, so I'm happy I helped.

Reaction score
In my case, I need to move upwards from a double D. How difficult is it to do so? And yeah, Bio and chem practicals was probably the one thing I was good at, so I'm happy I helped.
If you study just a more harder than you studied for D you will InshALLAH move to C. Thats all I can say from what i have heard:)

Reaction score
I went from D to A in a month when I gave my cie papers, you can do anything you put your mind too. Just give the examiner what he wants

Reaction score
I went from D to A in a month when I gave my cie papers, you can do anything you put your mind too. Just give the examiner what he wants

"Just give the examiner what he want" What do you mean? How can we tell what he wants? (besides the answer to the question)

"D to A in a month" Woah. You didn't resit for any papers right? How much did you study, how?

Reaction score
"Just give the examiner what he want" What do you mean? How can we tell what he wants? (besides the answer to the question)

"D to A in a month" Woah. You didn't resit for any papers right? How much did you study, how?

read the examiner reports they tell you what the examiner wants. Read them for every paper you can you get your hands on. i gave my english paper in may & I did not study for it the entire summer when I got a d in my result I had no idea what to. I decided to regive and had to pay extra money for late registration, that's how late I was. I only properly got to study it about 2 weeks before the exam as I was giving other subjects too. I focused on my vocabulary, past papers and examiner reports as well as the English standard booklet which was extremely helpful. There are also website's like englishbiz which prove helpful. When I got my result in january I Mash Allah came out with all As in all my subjects

Reaction score
read the examiner reports they tell you what the examiner wants. Read them for every paper you can you get your hands on. i gave my english paper in may & I did not study for it the entire summer when I got a d in my result I had no idea what to. I decided to regive and had to pay extra money for late registration, that's how late I was. I only properly got to study it about 2 weeks before the exam as I was giving other subjects too. I focused on my vocabulary, past papers and examiner reports as well as the English standard booklet which was extremely helpful. There are also website's like englishbiz which prove helpful. When I got my result in january I Mash Allah came out with all As in all my subjects
Thank you very much, and I agree, I should read the examiner reports more. But in your case you resat the papers, so you started from scratch. I was talking about giving the A2 papers after already carrying forward my previous AS grades. But thank you.

Reaction score
Thank you very much, and I agree, I should read the examiner reports more. But in your case you resat the papers, so you started from scratch. I was talking about giving the A2 papers after already carrying forward my previous AS grades. But thank you.

Oh the exams in may/june? Sorry I'm giving A2 aswell. You're welcome

Reaction score
Could you give me some tips in the AS Bio and chem practicals too please! (and physics too if you did physics) :)