• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
plz someone tell me how to send SAT scores to LUMS.Shall i send them the hard copy(paper based)SAT scores or is sending online scores to 513 better.While registering for SAT they ask us to choose the option.Which one shall I choose..?

Reaction score
plz someone tell me how to send SAT scores to LUMS.Shall i send them the hard copy(paper based)SAT scores or is sending online scores to 513 better.While registering for SAT they ask us to choose the option.Which one shall I choose..?

Sending scores directly through Collegeboard is the best way.

Reaction score
Guys, as you are aware that we have to submit attested copies of the CERTIFICATES to LUms!
I gave my certificates on 30th july and still at the moment i have not received them back! They say u try again tomorow every day!
I wanted to ask that are any of you guys suffering same delay in your attestation or have u got them
Back with 5 days that british council promises!? Kindly reply!

Reaction score
I thought we didn't need to give attested copies because in the email that they sent to everyone on 13th August it says:
  1. If you have not received the official copy of the A’ Level transcript, send us a print-out of your provisional Internet grade report on or before the submission deadline. However, you will still need to submit a copy of your official grades (Statement of result) as soon as you get it in order to confirm your admission.
  2. All students who receive their A’ Level final grades before the hostel check-in date are required to submit their final transcript/statement of A’ Level results before checking-in at the hostel. Otherwise they will not be allowed to check-in at the hostel.
There's no mention of attested copies. Can someone clarify? :cautious:

Reaction score
I thought we didn't need to give attested copies because in the email that they sent to everyone on 13th August it says:
  1. If you have not received the official copy of the A’ Level transcript, send us a print-out of your provisional Internet grade report on or before the submission deadline. However, you will still need to submit a copy of your official grades (Statement of result) as soon as you get it in order to confirm your admission.
  2. All students who receive their A’ Level final grades before the hostel check-in date are required to submit their final transcript/statement of A’ Level results before checking-in at the hostel. Otherwise they will not be allowed to check-in at the hostel.

Check the acceptance letter! Under the conditional offer!

Reaction score
can someone tell me what documents are to be sent to LUMS.LIKe which transcipts do they require..do they need are school report card 9-12 class or only our A-levles result.I did AS and am currently in A2 so shall i send them my IGCSE result and AS copy of transcipt along with statement of entry's copy or do they need something else.pls reply those who have been admissioned to LUMS.help needed fast

Reaction score
Salam. I'm an international student and plan on applying to BSC accounting and finance in LUMS. I got 5A* 1A and 3B in Olevels and 3A and 1B in AS. I would give my A2 in May June 2013 inshaAllah. However, my SAT preperation has been horrible and I probably will get a below average score when I give my SAT this November IsA. My question is, would I be able to get in LUMS BSC accounting and finance soley on the basis of my A level result?
Further, would I be able to give SAT again at January and still be able to meet their deadline? The dates and deadlines information they gave on their website is really confusing. They first say that the latest applicants should give their SAT is by 28th January, but, then they go on to say that applicants should submit all their documents, including their SAT scores by 12th Januray. How are we supposed to do that if we get our SAT scores at the end of January? Here is their dates and deadlines link: http://lums.edu.pk/undergraduate-programmes/bsc-honours-accounting-and-finance?admissioncriteria
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Reaction score
The general perception is that LUMS gives a lot of importance to an applicant's LCAT score. Since the SAT acts as a substitute for the LCAT in your case, I assume that LUMS will want a good score from you. About your second question, why don't you contact the LUMS Admission office at: [email protected]. I had some questions when I was applying and believe me, they do reply. If you don't get a reply in a day or two, don't hesitate to PM me. :)

Reaction score
Salam. I'm an international student and plan on applying to BSC accounting and finance in LUMS. I got 5A* 1A and 3B in Olevels and 3A and 1B in AS. I would give my A2 in May June 2013 inshaAllah. However, my SAT preperation has been horrible and I probably will get a below average score when I give my SAT this November IsA. My question is, would I be able to get in LUMS BSC accounting and finance soley on the basis of my A level result?
Further, would I be able to give SAT again at January and still be able to meet their deadline? The dates and deadlines information they gave on their website is really confusing. They first say that the latest applicants should give their SAT is by 28th January, but, then they go on to say that applicants should submit all their documents, including their SAT scores by 12th Januray. How are we supposed to do that if we get our SAT scores at the end of January? Here is their dates and deadlines link: http://lums.edu.pk/undergraduate-programmes/bsc-honours-accounting-and-finance?admissioncriteria

Any help would be much appreciated :)
yes , previous years they have been accepting international applicants only with a 1900 + score

Reaction score
Asalamoalikum

Any one who has given the LCAT ? tips? suggestions etc?
Any fresh candidate applying for the LUMS LCAT test?

Reaction score
Asalamoalikum

Any one who has given the LCAT ? tips? suggestions etc?
Any fresh candidate applying for the LUMS LCAT test?
just go for sat 1 books, do as much as practice of sat paper as u can.. learn English vocab and try to answer as much as questions possible while making sure that the questions u r attempting are correct ( u knw 'negative marking'!)

Reaction score
just go for sat 1 books, do as much as practice of sat paper as u can.. learn English vocab and try to answer as much as questions possible while making sure that the questions u r attempting are correct ( u knw 'negative marking'!)

its exactly the same for SAT 1 ? I mean by timings? marking? negative marking? etc
cuz i cant find any specified syllabus for the LCAT thing

Reaction score
its exactly the same for SAT 1 ? I mean by timings? marking? negative marking? etc
cuz i cant find any specified syllabus for the LCAT thing
there is surely negative marking, i dnt knw abt sat 1 pattern, for lcat as far as i remember there were 7-8 sections,each section had 20 or 30 questions and for each section we were given 20 minutes. if time is over for one particular section u have to move to next section otherwise ur paper is cancelled

Reaction score
there is surely negative marking, i dnt knw abt sat 1 pattern, for lcat as far as i remember there were 7-8 sections,each section had 20 or 30 questions and for each section we were given 20 minutes. if time is over for one particular section u have to move to next section otherwise ur paper is cancelled

seems like you gave LCAT? so how did it go? and any website if LUMS or some other that specifically tells about the LCAT syllabus,formats etc

Thank Alot :)

Reaction score
seems like you gave LCAT? so how did it go? and any website if LUMS or some other that specifically tells about the LCAT syllabus,formats etc

Thank Alot :)
yup i gave lcat.it went quite good and got in SHSSL. google everything..i remember sitting hours on net searching for every minute detail and i found many. dnt remember nw, aik saal tou ho giya hai,dnt remember too much

Reaction score
MAn i just recieved LCAT TEST SLIP but you know what, I am in KARACHI and the TEST CENTRE is in Peshawar!!!
Can you believe it????????