• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
Okay so i really want to get into lums so i need opinions..i had 9As in olevels, ABBC in AS, 1980 in sat and a decent lcat..what chances do you guys think i have?
I think you have pretty good chances, LUMS mostly considers your O level grades.

Reaction score
I know a guy who had 10 As in Olevel still getting rejected.... and 6 As in o LEVEL guy being accepted .. what scocerry is this?
lcat he hoga masla! but lums really consider's o level ka result. my cousin got in with bad alevel result but a decent o-level!!
your result is pretty good. jin ka aik A be nae aya vo be apply kerahay hain so chill out :)
bdw which schools have you applied for?

Reaction score
lcat he hoga masla! but lums really consider's o level ka result. my cousin got in with bad alevel result but a decent o-level!!
your result is pretty good. jin ka aik A be nae aya vo be apply kerahay hain so chill out :)
bdw which schools have you applied for?
I have applied to shssl ..... can i ask whatwere you cousin Olevel and Alevel grades?

Reaction score
r awl of u from A'levels(2nd year) who have given LCAT or whtever tests for lums? or is there anyone from As'level too?
i am in AS ryt now nd is aiming to apply for financial aid...i got some forms from my school from lums which stated 19th april as last submission date of forms...i have no idea what to do :(apart from this i have commerce subjects ryt now...so which test do i have to give?? SAT?? (it has stuff about sciences,maths,english etc) i havnt studied bio,chem & phys in o'levels, and had commerce subjects in o'levels aswell.So what should i do?plz HELP. *worried* *worried* :(

Reaction score
r awl of u from A'levels(2nd year) who have given LCAT or whtever tests for lums? or is there anyone from As'level too?
i am in AS ryt now nd is aiming to apply for financial aid...i got some forms from my school from lums which stated 19th april as last submission date of forms...i have no idea what to do :(apart from this i have commerce subjects ryt now...so which test do i have to give?? SAT?? (it has stuff about sciences,maths,english etc) i havnt studied bio,chem & phys in o'levels, and had commerce subjects in o'levels aswell.So what should i do?plz HELP. *worried* *worried* :(
you dont have to give sat..i mean its not compulsory but it does make you collage resume look more attractive if you score high, plus lcat is based on sat-1 (or at least that's what lums say:p) i dont think you need bio chem or phy if your applying to sdsb or other commerce based subjects in lums!

Reaction score
What about matric and F.Sc? Do they consider your board result, too? I got 457/480 in 9th. 978/1050 in 10th (15 marks were deducted in practicals and in maths 200/200) and 468/520 in F.Sc. My SSE went pretty good, screwed in mathematics and physics though. what are my chances of getting in?

Reaction score
rubab ajmal I think they do. I don't know much about FSc, but I do know that LUMS is pretty fair when it comes to everyone.

Reaction score
Welcome Class of 2016 to Life at LUMS!

August 24, 2012
Entering the LUMS family this week is one of the most accomplished and the largest undergraduate class in the history of LUMS. The Class of 2016, comprising of 1007 undergraduates are scheduled to begin classes on Wednesday, 29 August 2012. Bright, fresh-faced young men and women from around the country will take the leap into university life and the place they will call home for the next few years. The incoming students will be joining the 15 undergraduate majors and programmes offered at the three schools (Suleman Dawood School of Business; Mushtaq Ahmed Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences; and Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering) at LUMS.

An important indicator of the quality of the incoming class is that this year the yield rate of students to LUMS – at 73% (it was 69% last year) was one of the highest in recent years. The competition for entrance to the Univeristy was tough as always, especially so because this batch of entering students – like so many of their predecessors – are all high achievers in their schools and colleges and also in the LUMS entrance test. Many bring with them diverse extra-curricular skills, ranging from interest in music, arts, sports, science, entrepreneurship and much more. They come to LUMS from all corners of the country and not only from the major cities but from smaller towns and remote villages. They will each add to the diversity and vitality of LUMS in myriad different ways and like classes before them these new entrants to the LUMS family will each enrich the academic environment of the University.

On Saturday, 25 August 2012, Orientation Week or O-Week as it is popularly known, will begin with the Vice Chancellor, Dr. Adil Najam; Rector, Mr. Razak Dawood and Pro-Chancellor, Syed Babar Ali, welcoming the new class. The freshman class will get the chance to attend question and answer sessions for their particular schools and programmes for further briefing. Campus tours will also be given to the new undergraduates, which may not guarantee that they won’t get lost around the academic block initially, but will go a long way in familiarising them with the facilities. Ice-breaking sessions with senior students will further help the new kids on the block feel more comfortable in their new surroundings.

The Class of 2016 consists of 57% males and 43% females, hailing from the largest to the smallest cities in Pakistan. More than 40% of the class is from Lahore while just a little less are from other large cities in Pakistan, the biggest contingents after Lahore being from Karachi and Islamabad. However, some 20% come from smaller cities including Dipalpur, Layyah, Rabwah and Zhob, etc.. Those from out of Lahore will be taking advantage of the housing facilities on campus, with over half the new class having requested on-campus accommodation. Around 60% of the total LUMS student community is currently residing on campus, with the university hostel facilities having a capacity for 1154 boys and 618 girls.

The freshman class, as per the University vision has once again been admitted solely on the basis of merit. These bright and talented individuals come from a range of educational backgrounds including the O and A level stream, as well as the FA/FSc/I.Com and ICS streams. This is a stellar group of students. Of those coming from the O and A Level stream, nearly 95% had 6As or more in their O-Levels and of those coming from the Matric stream the average score in Matric was 91% and in FSc/FA was 86%.

Welcome Class of 2016 to Life at LUMS!

Reaction score
dude that means i can kiss my admissoin goodbye..
95% & above 6 A's!! i mean seriously??
:'(