• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Potential of Switzerland, Germany, Japan and France as study destinations

Reaction score
These countries have world class universities, many of which are ranked in the top 50s. However, relatively few international students get into such universities because they don't know the language. So if I learn a language for 2-3 years, will it be feasible for me to study in that language?

Reaction score
Yeah I think it will, but I checked a few unis in Switzerland and Germany and their language of instruction was their native language. So if you applied for undergrad, you'd be studying in German or Swedish, which is a big risk. I'd say forget it for now and apply for those countries in Masters. Those are in English.

Reaction score
Yeah I think it will, but I checked a few unis in Switzerland and Germany and their language of instruction was their native language. So if you applied for undergrad, you'd be studying in German or Swedish, which is a big risk. I'd say forget it for now and apply for those countries in Masters. Those are in English.
I heard that it's relatively easier for foreign students to get into Swiss or German universities. Most German universities also provide many scholarships and financial aids. So what if someone who has learnt German/Swiss for 2 years applies in these universities? Will it still be a risk?

Reaction score
I heard that it's relatively easier for foreign students to get into Swiss or German universities. Most German universities also provide many scholarships and financial aids. So what if someone who has learnt German/Swiss for 2 years applies in these universities? Will it still be a risk?
It is pretty easy to get in. But you'll want to be sure that you can study your major in German or Swedish. There are very few unis that teach in English. I only know of one, Jacob's, in Germany

Reaction score
I just saw this topic so I thought I'd join. I have studied in Germany as an international student for my Master's degree in Journalism. If anyone is ever thinking into studying abroad, Germany is the first country you should consider IMO.

I'll try to give you some tips:
- There are still many states in Germany that have tuition-free universities. Which is quite a big reason to study there in these bad economic times.
- If you want to study for a Master's degree, the lectures will be given in English language. The Bachelor's programs are in German but there are some majors that are given in English.
- The quality of the education is very good, remember it's Germany that we're talking here about.
- Those of you who wish to study Engineering, Science or IT, you'll have many advantages. The government is very open to support student projects.
- You'll have a lot of fun exploring a country like Germany and its culture.

Edit: Here I've gathered some resources for you to understand how studying in Germany is and their education system:

http://www.studying-in-germany.org/ - General guide and articles on studying in Germany
https://www.daad.org/ - German Academic Exchange Service, they offer many scholarships be sure to check it.
http://www.mawista.com/blog/en/schengen-visa-information/ - You'll need to apply for a Student visa in order to study in Germany, so be sure to read this one as well.

I hope I helped, if you have any questions be sure to ask. :)

Reaction score
I just saw this topic so I thought I'd join. I have studied in Germany as an international student for my Master's degree in Journalism. If anyone is ever thinking into studying abroad, Germany is the first country you should consider IMO.

I'll try to give you some tips:
- There are still many states in Germany that have tuition-free universities. Which is quite a big reason to study there in these bad economic times.
- If you want to study for a Master's degree, the lectures will be given in English language. The Bachelor's programs are in German but there are some majors that are given in English.
- The quality of the education is very good, remember it's Germany that we're talking here about.
- Those of you who wish to study Engineering, Science or IT, you'll have many advantages. The government is very open to support student projects.
- You'll have a lot of fun exploring a country like Germany and its culture.
I want to apply in Germany for a undergraduate degree on Engineering or IT. 1. What are the requirements for getting in? 2. Do they accept A levels? 3. Is it mandatory to have a qualification on German language? 4. Can you name some top universities for engineering? 5. Do they consider extracurrilar activities? 6. What is the cost of living? What are the tuition fees? 7. Can you name a few good universities that does not require the applicants to know German? 8. Thanks in advance :D