• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparing for Maths Paper 4.. Any help that can be provided?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am sure maths is a big shocker subject! Which all of us might like and might hate! As tomorrow is the 130 mark paper. Any one wanna share anytips? resource material and anything like that? Help the community like this and not by sharing papers :p ( I saw a post earlier. )

I really want an A In Maths and I think I got 54 out of 70 .. So i how much do I need for an A?

Reaction score
Hey, my exam's tomorrow as well :)
Best tip I can give you is go through past papers. Don't examine yourself, just look for tough question. For example, if you have problems with sequences (like me xD ) look for questions that concern that topic and go through them. This is math; you don't get the same questions every year, so by going through difficult questions, you're kinda teaching yourself how to handle tricky situations on the exam.
Oh if you have a problem with circles and that geometry crap, (this is what I tell all my friends :p ), STARE! Yes stare at the circle and you will find what you're looking for.
About grade boundaries, it depends. But I have a feeling they're high this year, because paper 2 was pretty easy.
Best of luck :D

Reaction score
guys im getting 35/70! What do u all say for my grade? if i get atlest above 100? in p4?

Reaction score
guys im getting 35/70! What do u all say for my grade? if i get atlest above 100? in p4?
i feel for you bro , cause i myself am not sure of how i did in paper 2...
the best thing to do would be that you forget about paper 2 and just think that whatever you do in paper 4 is your final result , that way you'll do better.
you dont want to be thinking negative before the paper , just keep your hopes high , solve past papers and hope the grade boundraies are low.

Reaction score
ikr! its getting so difficult to concentrate on smething else! jus hope its grade boundraies are less! :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, just worry about the upcoming paper.... Everything will be fine n hope for the best.
I feel as if we have to practice nth term/sequences cuz the questions may get worse in many cases!
Rest will be fine IA!
Stay Calm! N Hope For The Best!
GOOD LUCK!! (Y)

Reaction score
between an A and a B as the trend of the grade thresholds go....dont question your self cuz its over and dont jinx it by guessing marks all you can do is fix what you have done in paper 4

Reaction score
guys dnt worry at all about p2 all wut is done is over...now take care in p4 and study well
btw p2 is only 35% of the total while the majority (65%) is for p4
i really hope the thresholds r low this year

Reaction score
ThIs year threshold of maths and chemistry will be low as we had three papers in a day

Reaction score
ThIs year threshold of maths and chemistry will be low as we had three papers in a day
I was thinking about this point too! Like seriously! We had 3 papers in a day and another paper the next dayyy.. So I guess this point mite lower the gt :)

Reaction score
Hey, my exam's tomorrow as well :)
Best tip I can give you is go through past papers. Don't examine yourself, just look for tough question. For example, if you have problems with sequences (like me xD ) look for questions that concern that topic and go through them. This is math; you don't get the same questions every year, so by going through difficult questions, you're kinda teaching yourself how to handle tricky situations on the exam.
Oh if you have a problem with circles and that geometry crap, (this is what I tell all my friends :p ), STARE! Yes stare at the circle and you will find what you're looking for.
About grade boundaries, it depends. But I have a feeling they're high this year, because paper 2 was pretty easy.
Best of luck :D
''Stare'' is a good word to describe geometry:D