• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Psychology and Thinking Skills

Reaction score
Hey everyone, in how much time these subjects can be prepared easily for A level complete
and which books are the best for studying these subjects.

Reaction score
Time period depends on how well you can manage it. So, my super sonic plan would say thinking skills 4 days. Psychology 1 month + without sacrificing quality. But if you want to go smooth. Then on average:

Thinking skills: 1 month will be adequate.
Psychology: 3 months.

For Psychology: A2 Psychology by Cardwell, Clark, Meldrum (it will cover CIE's AS syllabus as its written for OCR/AQA basically. The authors are examiners themselves). + use the internet, do past papers see different questions and look them up on the internet, + use s-cool.co.uk notes. And it'll go fine.

Difficulty level for both these subjects is moderate to easy.

Reaction score
Zohaib Bhai is there any other subject which can be done in 1 month like thinking skills.

Reaction score
As a whole. No. But you can do different subjects to get credits. Like AS Urdu Language and AS English Language give you one full credit. Both can be done in a month. Urdu in a few days only. + Urdu has maximum A's while English depends on your skills in the subject. If you're good at it then thats the subject for you.

Reaction score
JaWaD said:
Hey everyone, in how much time these subjects can be prepared easily for A level complete
and which books are the best for studying these subjects.
It depends on your aptitude for a particular subject,i just appeared for PSYCHOLOGY and i found it much much more difficult than my rest of the subjects which were Accounting,Maths and Urdu.
Personally,i believe this approach of studying just 3 months or whatever and then appearing for exams is CERTAINLY not doing justice with the subject.
The aim of the students should be to explore themselves and gain knowledge at A-level subjects and decide on the basis of A-levels for which particular side or subject they have got aptitude for.
And thats what plays a MAJOR role in what he/she shall be doing in future.
Cheers.

Reaction score
are u sure its a one month subject :O ??? If it is, i am definitely going to wrap it up in A2 ! :D

Reaction score
i appeared for as thinking skills this session...nd trust it isnt too easy of an subject....paper 2 (critical thinking) is the easier deal while p1 which consists of 30mcqs...is too tough...TOUGH....LITERALLY...nd yea...i followed butterworth...nd sum notes...(nixor college..bilal hameed)

Reaction score
you just need to know how to handle the subject, and you can do ANY subject on earth!
just focused study + hard work + luck and nothing is beyond your limit.

Reaction score
@zohaib..u dun av ne idea abt wat ure talking abt..uve totally lost it..ure assuming things on ur own..making stupid assumptions nd ol......here..candidates with 11-12A's find tsk truly difficult....even i got 11A's......so still does it mean keh we av low iq's nd all dat discriminating stuff????

Reaction score
danishrauf said:
@zohaib..u dun av ne idea abt wat ure talking abt..uve totally lost it..ure assuming things on ur own..making stupid assumptions nd ol......here..candidates with 11-12A's find tsk truly difficult....even i got 11A's......so still does it mean keh we av low iq's nd all dat discriminating stuff????

gosh, cant u read the posts with open windows of your peanut brain? He's not talking about discriminating stuff, all what was said was not about your low IQ's, it was just that if you study being focused and 'dedication' than the subject takes 1 month. All the subject requires from you is hardwork + dedication + focused study! that's it!

Reaction score
exactly.. U can take 3 years to complete ur subject or a few months iwth complete devotion and dedication.. It all depends on how good u r in that subject and how much time u r giving to it !!!

Reaction score
but still....without even studying this subject..u cant jus say that.....1 mnth??? really???...thats so [email protected] u ever studied the subject???......moreover...i thnk further maths is just a few days ka scene..nd i havent even bought ne materials fr it..toh r u cool wid it???

Reaction score
im jus cranked up abt it coz it took a hell outa me.....theres nuthing agnst zohaib maynn..hes too awsum ov a prsn..i read his posts..nd i found them really helpful..its jus a general thingy....mujhko gussa toh na karain :p

Reaction score
danishrauf said:
but still....without even studying this subject..u cant jus say that.....1 mnth??? really???...thats so [email protected] u ever studied the subject???......moreover...i thnk further maths is just a few days ka scene..nd i havent even bought ne materials fr it..toh r u cool wid it???

u must be kidding man!
He has given Thinking skills this year. and to add in your tiny miny knowledge, he' s giving subjects you can' t even dream of :) so better not ASSUME things.

Reaction score
for A2 psychology, i memorized every single stuff in the notes given by my lecturer. self study for 2 days and went for the exam which was a few days ago =)

exam went well

it depends how much effort you want to put into, not the difficulty of the subject.