• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Psychology Paper 3

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I am currently doing CIE A2 Psychology. I would like to have some guidelines on how to structure essay for Paper 3. Thank you! :)

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I am currently doing CIE A2 Psychology. I would like to have some guidelines on how to structure essay for Paper 3. Thank you! :)
wel i hav some tips..hpe it may hlp u in 1 wy or anothr
so when evaluating a study, its best if can follow this set of guidelines: (GRAVES)
G- generalisation
R- realiability
A- application
V- validity
E- ethics

when evaluating a thoery: ( SWEAR or SODA)
S- Strengths
W- weakness
E- evidence
A- alternative to explanation
R- relevance to real lif

or

S-supporting evidence
O- opposing evidence
D- diiferent thoeries
A- application

Reaction score
i also have the same prob;e,s and posted it but no one answered me :(
wel i hav some tips..hpe it may hlp u in 1 wy or anothr
so when evaluating a study, its best if can follow this set of guidelines: (GRAVES)
G- generalisation
R- realiability
A- application
V- validity
E- ethics

when evaluating a thoery: ( SWEAR or SODA)
S- Strengths
W- weakness
E- evidence
A- alternative to explanation
R- relevance to real lif

or

S-supporting evidence
O- opposing evidence
D- diiferent thoeries
A- application

Reaction score
Hi, Farha! Thanks for the guidance =) Are you doing A2 psychology too? On which areas?

If they ask for description, how should we write?

For evaluating a theory, i am sort of confused on how to use the SWEAR and SODA. Do you mind to explain further?

Once again, thanks for the tips :)

Reaction score
yes
Hi, Farha! Thanks for the guidance =) Are you doing A2 psychology too? On which areas?

If they ask for description, how should we write?

For evaluating a theory, i am sort of confused on how to use the SWEAR and SODA. Do you mind to explain further?

Once again, thanks for the tips :)
yes im doin on psy. in education and abnormility :p .. well SWEAR works like this
Strengths and Weaknesses are simple- u just stick to the generalisation, how valid, ethical and reliable it is.. if there are any othr points u can include that also.
Evidence- u can include the tests they carried out and the results they got. its better to briefly explain da method but not to much in detail. (quantitative or qualitative data)
Alternative to explanation- it is actually mentioning another theory by another psychologist that supports the theory that u are evaluating.. (am i clear enough :confused:)
Relevance to real life- here u hav to gve examples on how u could use the theory in real life..or hw cn u put it into practse..