• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Maths 12 today........

Reaction score
i also think the paper was hard but anyways we still have the other component which is either M1, S1 so we better prepare well for the component :p btw if this one came hard the other component with come easier :p (i hope ) anyways el7amdella :)

Reaction score
btw for question 4 about to find k i solved everything and when i reached to find i got k=1 i think i frgt to put th sign somewhere else , will i loose much, and will this affect the mark of the second part were is asked to find P or will they count as E.C.F :) and thx you in advance

Reaction score
btw for question 4 about to find k i solved everything and when i reached to find i got k=1 i think i frgt to put th sign somewhere else , will i loose much, and will this affect the mark of the second part were is asked to find P or will they count as E.C.F :) and thx you in advance
you will lose the A1 ( Accuracy mark ) and for part 2 ECF if ur steps in part 2 were correct

Reaction score
the one in which eq of tangent to curve was x/k+k and eq of curve was 4y=x^2 and value of k was askd....try to remember......it was q3 i think..
How did you solve it? I spent so much time on that in the end, but didn't get it...

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to answer Q10(b) the minimum value of the curve and also to prove that its a minimum?
Just differentiate the dy/dx given in the question to give second derivative, then you put 2 instead of X then dy^2/dx=0 . To prove it differentiate it again (dy^3/dx)and you'll get a positive number. To find the minimum value substitute 2 in the first equation (dy/dx). Hope I helped :)

Reaction score
Just differentiate the dy/dx given in the question to give second derivative, then you put 2 instead of X then dy^2/dx=0 . To prove it differentiate it again (dy^3/dx)and you'll get a positive number. To find the minimum value substitute 2 in the first equation (dy/dx). Hope I helped :)
Y do u need to differetiate a third time?

Reaction score
To prove that it is a minimum and not a maximum, remember, they are asking for the minimum of the GRADIENT and NOT the curve
So I think its another mistake I have done. I only calculate the second derivative and answer that the minimum is 0.:(

Reaction score
How many of you proved the question with the area of the playground ? I guess it was 3. i). I forgot the question know but I guess we were supposed to show A = bla bla bla ! How did you got it ?

Reaction score
How many of you proved the question with the area of the playground ? I guess it was 3. i). I forgot the question know but I guess we were supposed to show A = bla bla bla ! How did you got it ?
I did.. Area = Area of rectangle - Area of all three triangles. i got it like that. what did you do?